Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New IE explorer  (Read 4910 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
New IE explorer
« on: September 09, 2006, 06:53:49 am »
I just downloaded the explorer 7. I like it better than 6. They seem to have taken ideas from Mozilla firefox and incorporated them into internet explorer.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: New IE explorer
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 08:21:09 am »
Quote from: buzzbee
I just downloaded the explorer 7. I like it better than 6. They seem to have taken ideas from Mozilla firefox and incorporated them into internet explorer.
Yes, but it isn't, nor will it ever be, Firefox  8)   Billy is too far behind the curve this time, and he's still trying to control how I use a web browser.  I'll stick to Firefox.  :wink:

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
New IE explorer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:15:51 pm »
:lol:

yea but the location of the tab on the IE explorer is weird, as is the right click  "open new tab" button is in a weird position.

thats IE users for ya!

Viva La Firefox!

Join the Revolution!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
New IE explorer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 09:24:24 pm »
I tried foxfire and didn't like it at all, it may be just me being using IE user all my life but I just didn't like it.... I loaded the new IE 7 two days ago and like it, it is different but seems ok..
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:14:35 am »
Firefox version 2 is out yay!!!!!!

Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 01:38:27 pm »
I like a good browser fight - lol.

I (Internet wise) grew up with Netscape, anyone remember Netscape (no not Nutscrape) anyways. It was the program my site was made with since Netscape Gold 3.0. Then programs like Bills came around and Opera (a gem most people never heard of) but you see it now in IE7 when you "view all tabbed windows" on a single screen - you know, where thumbnails of your page appear, you know, when you click on that little tab to the left with two small squares over two small squares) -ugh.

Anyway, the biggest issue I have with IE7 is the layout, I'm still bugging out finding my HOME BUTTON and REFRESH BUTTONS all the time - YES, I know where they are now, but PUT THEM BACK BILL - you Bozo (remember Bozo - lol), for years I'm clicking in the same 2 square inches of my screen and NOW I have to move my mouse all over the place - is Gates getting paid by the "mouse inch"?

Yes, I like it, not Bozo - IE7, but it is nothing too new, it is a collection of Mozilla, Netscape, Opera and probably several others. New it isn't, compiled it is!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 11:46:02 am »
I like firefox because its safer and you can download alot of addon's I have several some less uesfull thanothers but they are nice to have for firefox, and it took me a littlebit to get used to it. While some sites (the few sence they have updated it and things) have small problems with firefox, they are usualy easly overlooked. IE is just so unsafe its not even funny.

Join the revolution!
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Ymbe

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 11:00:22 am »
I agree with nepenthes on this. I switched to Firefox about a year ago and aside from it being much safer the best thing about it is the add-ons and skins you can download to customise it to do what you want.

Because of its origins if enough people have the same need as you you'll find an add-on somewhere and you won't have to wait for the next release either. Finally, if you don't like those buttons where they are you can move 'em!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 11:03:15 pm »
I agree with Beemaster. Opera!

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 08:04:15 pm »
I'm using IE7 now. I was about to say "is there anything they've done that they haven't stolen from Firefox?", but John pretty much said that already.

I'm back home, that Melbourne Ausrralia. Drove through a swarm on my way home. Didn't have a box with me. hehe, I get two summer in a row :P.

James.
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)