Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from VA!  (Read 2558 times)

Offline beekeeping20169

• Brood
Hi from VA!
« on: July 08, 2009, 03:28:04 pm »
Hi,

I am new to the hobby of beekeeping and don't own any bees yet. Any tips? :-D :?

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Hi from VA!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
go get some bees!!

just kidding

maybe you could find another beek in the area and help them work bees to get feel for what is going on. Might even be some bee keepers clubs nearby.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:04:54 pm »
Welcome beekeeping20169. What part of VA. are you from. Get some books on beekeeping and you can learn a lot and there is a lot of information on this site. Good Luck.
Bobby

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:25:57 am »
I am new to the hobby of beekeeping and don't own any bees yet. Any tips?
Hello and welcome!

READ, READ, READ. Check your local library for books & videos. Go thru the tutorials on the main Beemaster page. Use the 'search' function on this forum to read discussions on various topics.

Join a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beeks. Plus, they often offer beginning beekeeping classes and support for new beekeepers.
http://www.virginiabeekeepers.org/association_map.htm

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:12:52 am »
Hello and Welcome Beekeeping20169
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:44:07 am »
Beekeeping20169.  Welcome to our forum, great you found us.  This is where you can find lots of tips, ask, read, you will be amazed.  The more that you learn about that secret life of the bees, the more compelled you will be to learn.  And when you get deep into the learning, your mind and hands will itch to get deep into them, smiling.  You will be so hooked that you won't be able to wait until you actually get your own bees, which you will.  Have that great day, to love and live it with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline ruzzel01

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:31 am »
Hi to all. New to the forum and I am happy to be part of this forum. :)

I know that I can learn more and share my thoughts with all here as well. Thanks and have a good day!

Offline sign2me

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »
Hi everyone!  I'm also from VA.  I'm a beekeeper in-training.  My father-in-law is a beekeeper and has had to move his bees to my backyard so I learn what I can when he's over checking the bees.  I'm excited to have found this forum!

anything