Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Peace river alberta honey flow (large images)  (Read 3280 times)

Offline BEE C

• House Bee
Peace river alberta honey flow (large images)
« on: August 19, 2007, 05:47:09 am »
I worked with a beekeeper in peace river getting 600 hives supered and some ross rounds.  Here are the few pictures I was able to take as we were busy!  The hive average in these forage areas is 250 lbs this year.  Lots of clover forage and alfalfa.  Really beutiful area. Enjoy.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Peace river alberta honey flow (large images)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 01:37:16 pm »
nice pictures, and it sure is a beautiful spot. thanks for sharing.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 02:33:30 am »
BEE C.  Nice pictures, what an adventure.  I bet you'll have lots to talk about, got more pics?  Thanks for bringing these to our forum.  Have this wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline BarneyG

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:32 am »
Hi  Beec   thanks for the pictures !   i've been up in that country also ,  i worked with a beekeeper in Sunset House Alberta  one summer  in 1982 i really enjoyed it ,  he had 2000 hive operation  it was very interesting , i see in the photos there apears to be no bear fence  around the hives ??     Barney
Barney

anything