Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee hive lifters?  (Read 31522 times)

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Re: Bee hive lifters?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:17 pm »
Most of my hive stay where they are unless I move them to linden,heather or other interesting flows.

In late summer when I harvest my honey I have to lift the honey supers of the hive then transport them to my extracting house, if I place the supers on a travel board and use a lift to transport them I minimize the amount of time I have to manually lift them.
Give it some thought, how many times do you lift and put down a frame before it ends up in your extractor X how much honey you harvest?
If you rationalize you can keep more hives=more honey=more money  :-D

mvh edward  :-P

Offline squidink

• House Bee
    • www.bensbees.com.au
Re: Bee hive lifters?
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 05:49:47 am »
Hello Ben,

I've been seriously thinking of buying that lifter, maybe around mid year.  Could I manage it by myself?  No chance of toppling if you stand in front of it to slide the hive on?

Anyway, I have the dubious issue that the fellows want to make me one instead.  But I'd need clear photos or plans for them to follow.  If it's not too much trouble, could you possibly take a few photos of the mechanism and tray and maybe a few measurements?

A couple of them won't go near the bees, but I was at work the last few days and they can't sit still, they had to construct another hive stand and a few entrance closers.  A project like that will at least keep them off the street for a couple of days.

Lone

Ok a few measurements!

over all height 1350mm
over all width 570mm
platform, size 400mm x 635mm
Can lift from ground level to a smidge over 1000mm

Its a geared silent strap which simply cranking the handle one way the platform goes up and vice versa.
Let me know if i can help with any other measurements Lone.

Bluegrass, I need to move the hives as i am a one man show, its for moving to various orchards or where the eucalyptus may be flowering.
I am located close to the city of melbourne and I can't have any hives on my normal suburban block of land. (young children)

Ben

anything