Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wallpaper update  (Read 3002 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Wallpaper update
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:01:55 am »
I've mentioned I'm a big Brother Fan - I watch most the feeds in the FLASHBACK mode, you get to type the time and which of the four channels and see it on your schedule.

I rearranged my desktop a bit to make best use of the Big Brother feed. Here is the quad channel, but often I open four independent windows in the same area, and just control the sound with the individual mutes on each feed.

To me this is a great pass time, I'm a sucker for this reality show and gladly pay the money for watching it live and on demand like this. Remember this is on a 56 inch TV -each of the 4 feeds is larger than a 17 inch monitor. Life is good!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:28:47 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Wallpaper update
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:58:22 am »
you do some amazing stuff with your computer. I only have a 19" monitor so if I did that I would have to set pretty close to watch it all.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Wallpaper update
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:24:59 pm »

We're lucky enough to not have to skimp on the stuff that we use most often, between the TV and really powerful PC, it makes up for most of our entertainment - neither Tracey or I don't go out much, except for dinner a few times a month and with working staggered rotating shift most our together time is around the TV surfing, movie or TV watching.

I think it would be great to have a 9-5 job, never had one though and this makes 30 years of shiftwork for me. So, relaxing together on the couch, hanging out and following the shows we like is about the best time I get to have with my wife.

Skimping on the PC would have left us with a choppy frame-rate or low-def streaming videos, I used my laptop which is really nice to when we first moved here, but as more and more content came to Xfinity and other service (including 1080P Youtube content) my laptop wasn't doing justice to what we were watching. Going with an I-7 PC with 2gig Video card and 12gig RAM (prebuilt and a great buy) seemed logical and I've never looked back.

Honestly, watching streaming web content on the big TV is indistinguishable from watching a blue-ray disc - and that is really saying a lot. So we live very humble lives, but make the most of what we have. :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything