Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hole in combs?  (Read 1679 times)

Offline afretired

• New Bee
Hole in combs?
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:52:34 pm »
Newbee question.  My four hives are made up with the standard two hive bodies and are getting fairly full. So I decided a little over a  week ago to add a super to each one.   I went down this evening to check on them to see if they were building in them.  I have shallow supers made with plain wax foundation.  In one of the supers they have been building it out real good except for two of the frames.  In these two they had built it out except they had cut/eat? about a two inch hole through the two foundations. So the question is; what is going on with those two frames? Why did they remove the wax foundation and build out the rest around it?

Dave

Offline fishawk

• New Bee
Re: Hole in combs?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:08:06 pm »
mouse?

Offline afretired

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:17:26 pm »
fishawk

No, I don't think so.  There is only a small opening in the bottom box, and I am using a queen excluder, I don't think a mouse could get through there.  Also, I believe the bees have done it since the comb is smooth and the cells are contoured around the hole.

Dave

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 01:14:53 am »
Bees will take wax from one place and put it in another. Just to get things done faster
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/