Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Bees Removed From Harahan, Louisiana On A Scorching Day  (Read 4842 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Honey Bees Removed From Harahan, Louisiana On A Scorching Day
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:15:06 am »
Yeah, it was plenty hot but the hive was well mannered and the queen is quite plump. Schawee gets yet another hive of bees to take home with him tomorrow after our cut out.

A lot of folks have been asking me about the multi tool. I have a decent little bit of footage using it on this video. Did I tell y'all I love this tool?

...JP

Harahan Honey Bees Removed On A Scorching Hot Day
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline TwoHoneys

• House Bee
    • TwoHoneys
Re: Honey Bees Removed From Harahan, Louisiana On a Scorching Day
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:23 am »
I'm with Annette...I like hearing you even more than I like hearing the music...actually, the insect music is my choice of accompaniment. You and your Louisiana insects are perfect together. And it's helpful to hear you making decisions aloud.

So, JP, why did you cut a number of combs below where they connect to the joists? I would have assumed you'd just make one cut along the very top. 

Liz
"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:07 am »
LOL on the music addition, just waiting for the credits to roll. Thanks for another great JP video.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:35:13 am »
I'll have to come to the next shindig at Buds to get your autograph JP before you start coming on TV right after Dirty Jobs. After you make it big, will you forget all the little people here on BeeMaster?  :-D

Another cool video. The man has talent I'll tell ya

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:03:57 pm »
One question for you JP.   When you are climbing down the ladder with a handful of bees and the queens, has one ever decided that it was a good time to get revenge on you?  I was just thinking that if I got stung in the hand then, I would loose every bee in that hand.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 11:51:15 am »
Liz, a good bit of the weight of the comb sections is at the top. Cutting them below the honey makes transferring the comb sections less cumbersome.

Allen, I rarely ever have a bee sting me after I've cupped them and while I'm cupping them I rarely get stung then as well, a few micro stings now and again but those are easy to live with.

Thanks for taking the time to view my videos and as always I appreciate all feedback.

Y'all have a good one!

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 07:05:06 pm »
Man JP you don't need any queen catchers all you need are your hands!!!!!   That was an amazing video.  Thanks for the tip on the cutting idea, I have wondered if I should do it that way.  All the comb rolls on me when the honey is at the top I will try it that way next time....... if I can use your trademark....  THANK YOU for the videos.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:09:28 am »
OH that was so great once again JP and that queen was a beauty. You have brought that smile to my face once again. I honestly hope you don't get too famous, because then we will never see you again on beemaster.  I will have to watch your station and say "I used to know that man and he bought me a dessert in New Orleans" (no one would believe me)

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 08:00:31 am »
Very nice video JP.  I had seen glimpses of you using this tool in other videos and wondered about it. I may add one of these to my collection.
Thanks for sharing!

Joe
Joe S.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 10:22:37 am »
OH that was so great once again JP and that queen was a beauty. You have brought that smile to my face once again. I honestly hope you don't get too famous, because then we will never see you again on beemaster.  I will have to watch your station and say "I used to know that man and he bought me a dessert in New Orleans" (no one would believe me)

See, JP bought you a dessert. All Pierce did was give you a hug. My money is on JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 01:27:17 pm »

See, JP bought you a dessert. All Pierce did was give you a hug. My money is on JP

I believe you are correct volunteer :pinkelephant:

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »
Joe and anyone else interested, I have an assortment of tools: sawzall, skill saw, rotozip, etc...

Hands down the multi tool is now my number one go to tool. It gets the job done.

Hey, this all started because you guys and gals suggested I video some of my removals. I am having an absolute ball putting the videos together.

I know y'all can agree that the best ones are with Schawee.

If someone wants to put us on TV and pay us to do what we love to do, that would be my dream come true. People are starting to mention this sort of thing, that would be just fine by me.

If by some miracle that could ever happen and I had any say on things you would be seeing a good bit of folks from this site, guaranteed.

Trap outs with Iddee, Robo's Bee Vac, Alan Bukley, Understudy, of course we would have to have Ms Annette and her red umbrella and you know Big Daddy Bud would have to be on film as he is bigger than life and everyone's best friend.

This is probably just some sort of pipe dream but who knows.

It would be fun that is for certain.

Y'all have a good one and thanks always for the kind words and constructive criticism.

...JP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »
If someone wants to put us on TV and pay us to do what we love to do, that would be my dream come true. People are starting to mention this sort of thing, that would be just fine by me.

...JP
Of course I biased, but why not? Your 10 minute removal excerpts are way better than some of the crap thats on right now. There interesting to watch, informative, provide an insight to homeowners that there are options other than a spray can and downright comical to boot. Ok folks, lets get this rolling. Im just a cop so I have no idea how to get this started but I know some of you guys do.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 05:44:06 pm »
Contact Dirty Jobs Jp and schawee is by  far better then any body else he had on. I'll send them one Of Jp video's with contact info and we will see what happen's :-D :mrgreen:
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 06:37:57 pm »
That's a great idea.  JP and Schawee with Mike Rowe.   NoW there is a show.

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 10:58:36 am »

So just for now, what might you name your show? Bee whisperer? JP's Bees? Beeporter?

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 11:21:17 am »

So just for now, what might you name your show? Bee whisperer? JP's Bees? Beeporter?

Bees on the Bayou?

Two men and a Shrimp Po Boy?