Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: train sparks fire  (Read 4923 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
train sparks fire
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:53:51 am »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/1000223q.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/1000227fp.jpg/

30 hives of mine burned to a sender last thursday-with suppers-bearing burned out on a rail car and sparked five fires in a five mile stretch-RDY-B

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: train sparks fire
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:06:43 am »
Are you going to send the railroad a bill?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:05:21 am »
oh....that just make you sick, doesn't it.  sorry.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »
Sick indeed.  Sorry for your loss rdy-b :(

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:52:08 pm »
Are you going to send the railroad a bill?
I have sharpened my pencil - the bees and wooden ware can be replaced
but time cant that set was part of my increase for this year- :-\ thanks for the concern --RDY-B

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »
Aerial photos from the news?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »
Aerial photos from the news?

yep--it was a big deal with shelter in place and evacuate the school-guy across the tracks ran
 some kind of trucking outfit--propane tanks exploded-buring trucks and his shop-huge damage for
him--and that was one fire out of five fires that where set-they had called in boraed bombers from
cal fire and helicopters and road closers--gona cost $$-  RDY-B

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 04:17:32 pm »
The RR needs to be held responsible for this loss. Keep us posted please.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »
Bill them good.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »
That really sux! Good luck getting your due!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bjw27

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 12:02:39 pm »
I work for a wholesale flower distributor and when I file claims for losses (due to the shipping carrier errors) I can claim the cost of the product plus profit I would have made on the product.  Make sure you get your fair share.  how much honey or profits would they have brought in for you?  Just something to think about.  Sorry for your loss.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:24:15 pm by bjw27 »

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 12:45:20 pm »
Sorry for the loss.

There was a train derail here several years ago, one of the tank cars spilled acid all over the place and forced and emergency evacuation of the immediate area (read "you must leave right now"). My aunt and uncle were in this area, the r/r paid for motel, eats, clothes (no time to pack up anything), and basically anything they had a receipt for. Some other friends had a horse stable and they paid for relocating the horses to another stable and all labor, feed, boarding, etc.
It was a very painless thing, the r/r set up at a local church and was just writing checks.

Be sure to have any receipts for you equipment, and bring in any supporting paper work for lost revenue (think last year). You have an independent pic of your hives, if no receipt make a list and put pricing to it from a catalog and take the catalog with you when you are making your claim, don't forget to include price of bees themselves.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!