Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from hickory,north carolina.  (Read 3875 times)

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
Hello from hickory,north carolina.
« on: November 21, 2008, 01:25:48 pm »
 Live in western north carolina, relatively new to beekeepeing I have 3 hives with russian queens. Looking forward to learning more. You guys have a great websight.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hello from hickory,north carolina.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 03:24:02 pm »
welcome to the forum friend. I have lots of family in Haywood county.

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:15 pm »
Hi Troutstalker :) What a strange nickname.. but it sounds vaguely familliar. You don't go by the nickname Troutsqueezer elsewhere, do you?

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:06:29 pm »
  Not to my knowledge.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:20:11 pm »
Hello and Welcome Troutstalker2
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 07:20:56 am »
Welcome troutstalker2.

Bought a bunch of furniture in hickory years ago. Was talking to Steve from Brushy a few weeks at a meeting and he mentioned many of the furniture places were not there anymore. Sorry to hear that. I loved the area.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 08:50:56 am »
 Alot of the furniture industry is gone but, there is still a fair amount still made here. My son is named Bjorn; is that your first name? We are of scandinavian descent from Mn.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 09:08:44 am »
Alot of the furniture industry is gone but, there is still a fair amount still made here. My son is named Bjorn; is that your first name? We are of scandinavian descent from Mn.

Wife is from Denmark. It's part of her family name. Thought since it means "bear" and with bees, honey, bears....it all went together somehow..  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline ikeepbees

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 10:33:21 am »
Welcome troutstalker2!

Great race track in Hickory.
Rob Koss

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 10:53:28 am »
Troutstalker2.  Welcome to our forum.  Interesting handle for sure, how did it come about?  Tell us that story.....this is indeed a fine place, a great forum, full of friendly and fun loving people. We have beekeepers from the novice to the extremely experienced.  This will be a place where you can spend some awesome time, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences.  Here you will also make some very good friends, if only you stick around, which I know you will.  Nice that you have three colonies of bees. Have a wonderful and awesome day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 12:30:10 pm »
Welcome... I work for a paper mill that has a customer in Hickory NC.  A masking tape factory named Shurtape.( I think)  Have fun with the bees.

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 11:01:57 pm »
  Troutstalker is not that interesting of a story, I needed a username and I'm a trout fisherman. Troutstalker was already taken on ebay, so troutstalker2 was it.
  I'm glad to be a part of this forum and I have already learned some things, I'm sure I will learn much much more. Thanks in advance for the help with all the questions I will have.  ;)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 11:37:50 am »
Troutstalker2.  Well, I think that was a short, but good story, all stories are good.  You are a fisher, that is cool, in itself, smiling.  Have a wonderful and awesomely great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 07:28:50 pm »
User names can be cool, like the handles we used to use on the CB back in BC (BC= Before Cellphones).  I think if I were going to pick a pseudonym these days it would reflect my other hobby of pigeon racing....something like Raptorbait.

BTW, welcome to the forum.  Everytime I write "Welcome to the forum" I think I sould be wearing a toga like Julius Ceaser and Mark Anthony.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:57 pm »
   Or John Belushi

anything