Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Hampshire UK  (Read 1992 times)

Offline beerich1

• New Bee
Hello from Hampshire UK
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:43:45 pm »
Hi everyone. I thought I would introduce myself at last (and I didn't want to get my account deleted for not posting) I live in Southampton, Hampshire, England UK. It's on the south coast about 70 miles south of London. I don't have any bees at the moment but should have them shortly. A 'nuc' has been on order for several weeks and I have made my own top bar hive. We are experiencing some fantastic weather at the moment, high 60's F for the last 3 weeks which is very rare. No doubt we will pay for it later, lol. Well that's me introduced to you and I hope to pop back to this site/forum every now and then. Take care and bee lucky. All the best. beerich1
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:29:56 am by beerich1 »
Keep an eye on those two horses while I count them

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello from Hampshire UK
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »
glad you found us.  don't know if you looked around but there is a section for UK/European beekeepers on here. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:54:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 12:01:32 am »
Welcome!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beerich1

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:18 am »
glad you found us.  don't know if you looked around but there is a section for UK/European beekeepers on here. 

Thanks for that. I'll have a good look around the site. beerich1
Keep an eye on those two horses while I count them

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline SerenaSYH

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:53:38 am »
Just wanted to say hi! am so glad you're visiting! I'm experimenting with growing heath/heather. I have heard that beekeepers like to use heather for honey in the UK so I'm giving it a whirl here in Kansas!

anything