Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Propolis Tea  (Read 12147 times)

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
Re: Propolis Tea
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 02:45:46 pm »
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 03:08:51 pm »
I would also think that an ounce of PGA 190 proof would cure some aches and pains and disinfect abrasions even without the dissolved propolis.

And "yes"  enough of it would make you fly

worth a try I suppose
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 04:04:11 pm »
So what is the purpose?

taste?  Super powers?

Trying to find a "Propolis Tea" to treat a throat infection. Its a small lesion caused by an antibiotic resistant staff infection" that has been has been treated unsuccessfully by a dozen different Doctors over the past five years.  Hope it will respond to the "Propolis Tea" or propolis tincture or ingestion of straight propolis and honey.  The individual suffering with this ailment is at her wits end and I suggested treating with propolis.  She loves teas of all kinds. And hoped to find one made with propolis. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've edited the original post to show the above.

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 05:54:38 pm »
Cool,

let us know if the treatment is successful. 

I have had great success with bee venom relieving back pain so I have an open mind about this kind of stuff.
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 10:56:01 pm »
Recipe for propolis tea:

1 cup 151 rum
1/8 cup propolis

take small amount of rum and pour over propolis in glass container
place under kitchen sink
mix remaining rum with soda pop and drink
take glass jar from under sink and throw away

:cheer: :piano:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 12:28:48 am »
Hilarious, beee farmer!
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 12:48:24 am »
Ha Ha but I find that scotch works MUCH better on my sore throat.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 02:27:37 am »
 Thought that maybe some background from the National Library of Medicine / National Institutes of Heath may shed some light.

tonsilitis remedie ?

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 01:53:34 pm »

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 03:19:54 pm »
Yah thats great info.

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:49 pm »
Has anyone on here tasted this concoction yet?  :cheer: Just curious if it tastes good, or if it is something you have to choke down like wheatgrass juice because it is supposed to be healthy  :-P
-Mike

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 11:43:16 pm »
I can only picture "Buckley's" cough syrup, no clue what propolis tincture actually tastes like  :-D  Have that beautiful and wonderful day, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 11:43:47 pm »
Has anyone on here tasted this concoction yet?  :cheer: Just curious if it tastes good, or if it is something you have to choke down like wheatgrass juice because it is supposed to be healthy  :-P

The way were making it gives Green Tea a minty taste.  But leaves a slight waxy residue on the teeth.  Not a bad concoction at all, at least to me.  Have had many an over the counter medication that were far harder to swallow.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 06:54:38 pm »

The way were making it gives Green Tea a minty taste.  But leaves a slight waxy residue on the teeth.  Not a bad concoction at all, at least to me.  Have had many an over the counter medication that were far harder to swallow.
[/quote]
Besides if you do not strain the alcohol off with this tea the only thing you will see is the sheep while you sleep. :-D

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 07:27:44 pm »

Besides if you do not strain the alcohol off with this tea the only thing you will see is the sheep while you sleep. :-D
[/quote]

We don't use the Tincture of Propolis.  We boil propolis with water and use the resulting liquid 1 teaspoonful to a cup of Green Tea.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 07:50:41 pm »
We don't use the Tincture of Propolis.  We boil propolis with water and use the resulting liquid 1 teaspoonful to a cup of Green Tea.
What is the consistency like after you boil it ? Is it like peanut butter, or what ? I wonder too, which way is better for  preserving its beneficial properties ?

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 11:19:52 am »
How much propolis and how much Ever clear
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 01:34:43 pm »
What is the consistency like after you boil it ? Is it like peanut butter, or what ? I wonder too, which way is better for  preserving its beneficial properties ?

We:

Slow boil a 1 1/2 inch ball of propolis in a quart of water until the propolis dissolves.

Allow to cool.

Skim off wax.

Add 1 teaspoon of the liquid to a cup of tea. It is thin as water and gives the tea a minty taste.  But leaves a thin waxy coating it mouth for a few minutes.

She is drinking 3 cups of Green Tea daily sweetened with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of the propolis liquid.  Trying to fight a resistant staff infection causing a lesion 1/2 way down the esophagus. Been using it for 4 days now.  It seems to be bothering her less, but we are withholding judgment until her next Dr's appointment in two weeks. She has had the lesion for years.  Her Dr's have tried everything, including surgery, but it keeps coming back.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 04:37:13 pm »
Thank's HAB I am working for a commercial beek and I'm going through a semi load of box's and I'm getting a bunch
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

anything