Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: They found water  (Read 1343 times)

Offline gunny

• House Bee
They found water
« on: August 24, 2007, 07:16:18 pm »
Have (3) AC condensate drains within easy flying distance of my girls.  Today they found one of them and are taking full advantage of their new and very close to home water supply.  A hop of 25 or so feet.  Yes I have one hive very close to the house, like to see what is going on with them.  I'm thinking that by observing bees a person could probably have a good idea what the weather is going to do in the next few hours.  Keeps unwanted people away from the house as a side benefit.

Offline CBEE

• House Bee
Re: They found water
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:34:58 am »
I have found it very interesting where they get water from. They don't seem to pay much attention to the small ponds or swimming pool but love the water condensing off the airconditioners and 1 particular hose bib.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Re: They found water
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 04:22:18 pm »
   Mine leave the condenser water alone.  They do love the algae filled wading pool of the neighbors and when I let the bird bath get too ripe they hit that hard to.  Still leave the humming bird feeders alone and all fresh water.

I think I'll try and run a hose to the ground about ten feet from the hives and let the water drain over there and see what happens.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)