Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: first cutout of 2012  (Read 4550 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
first cutout of 2012
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:08:54 pm »
 first cutout of 2012.i did this one on monday.it started out windy but got colder and started raining.the bees stopped flying and started to cluster .  i ended up vacuuming the queen and found her the next day  going through the hive. its nice to get back into the bees again. had fun on this one .        .....schawee      first cutout of 2012
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: first cutout of 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »
Good job Schawee! From the looks of how strong that colony was you should be getting that swarm any day now! I hope yours is much BIGGER than Jp's just like mine was! :lau:

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:41 pm »
Good job schawee, very healthy looking colony, nice when you don't have roof nail penitrations sticking down everywhere.

Thanks for the video, you don't look like you gained a pound over winter, must be that not hanging out with JP.  :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:50 pm »
Text book removal Schawee. Great job!

Savor this one for all its worth cause when they start packing in the honey, those overhead removals are gonna be nightmares to deal with!

Boy, you sure are enjoying yourself aren't you hardwood!  :-D

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »
Yep! ;) We looked at one today that we'll be removing tomorrow...you don't wanna miss this one, hottest bees I've seen in a while. I took over twenty stings just looking at them. AHB?? I don't know but I'm surely wearing a veil to start with!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:07 pm »
Yep! ;) We looked at one today that we'll be removing tomorrow...you don't wanna miss this one, hottest bees I've seen in a while. I took over twenty stings just looking at them. AHB?? I don't know but I'm surely wearing a veil to start with!

Scott

Wuss!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:44:23 pm »
Sweet video.   Thanks for posting Schawee

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »
scott,had my first swarm call today.the guy told me it was bigger than a basketball.when i got there he told me they  left right before i got there.   don, i did put just a lil weight on during hunting season.you know us cajuns love to cook and eat too.   jp,it was a fun removal and i didn't miss all that honey either :-D    allen glad you liked it.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:51 am »
You found another Burger Delight?  :-D

...JP

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:51 am »
schawee, you the man! Loved this video. I hoping I can get a few swarms this year, and maybe another trapout or two.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 12:55:34 pm »
Great job Schawee.
I talked to a guy yesterday about a open air hive 40 ft up and 10 ft out in an old oak tree. Short of having a monkey climb out on a 3" limb, cutting it and lowering it, I don't think I will be getting that one. It is in his neighbors tree, hanging over his yard and he doesn't want to pay for removal.
She must be a really good queen to survive all winter.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 01:10:00 pm »
Did a cut out yesterday (I'll post video of it soon) and caught a swarm. Missed a swarm in the Titusville Walmart today...by the time the folks found me they were gone :'(

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 06:01:34 am »
      Here I am Schawee telling all my friends about the greatest Queen bee plucker this side of the Atlantic and you go and tell the world it took you 2 days to find her !!. Must be a lack of of big pies. Anyway just keep up the good work and videos Mate.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 10:16:43 am »
      Here I am Schawee telling all my friends about the greatest Queen bee plucker this side of the Atlantic and you go and tell the world it took you 2 days to find her !!. Must be a lack of of big pies. Anyway just keep up the good work and videos Mate.

He likely forgot his eagle eye glasses. We all know how squinty he gets without those & he can see *%$# without them either!  :-D

Proof?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...JP  :devilbanana:

Offline beyondthesidewalks

• House Bee
  • I need a shave
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 02:09:57 am »
Great job.  Thanks for posting the video.  I enjoyed it.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 03:59:11 am »
Enjoyed this Schawee and thanks for sharing. Always something for me to learn.

Annette

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »
geoff,sorry about that.i will try not to let that happen again.i enjoyed your stay at buds last year.maybe one day i will make a trip up your way.that is if they let a cajun in australia :-D    jp thats hitting below the belt.annette, glad you liked it .          .......schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP