Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Central Florida  (Read 2451 times)

Offline peacekeeperapiaries

• New Bee
  • New to the site, not new to bees
Hello from Central Florida
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:10 pm »
New-bee on beemaster, not so new to bees.  I live in central Florida (Melbourne/Palm Bay area)  presently have about 30 hives split between 2 bee yards.  One designated for Russian Bees, the other for Italians.  Looking to grow to 100 hives before the end of summer (if we ever really have an end of summer here).  I like reading all the forums here, very informative and entertaining, in fact its very addicting.

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Central Florida
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:27:51 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I'll be looking forward to hearing about your experiences.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:35:09 am »
Hello and Welcome Peacekeeperapiaries
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13:05 am »
Welcome to the forum, Glad you joined up.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:17:30 am »
welcome aboard.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Barry

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:57:30 pm »
Hello,
                    I am in Northern Florida,  Orange Park to be exact. I am have one hive. and soon to have another. Used to live in upstate NY with 5 hives had to sell them when I moved here.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 09:42:30 pm »
welcome to the group Barry

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 12:49:19 am »
Peacekeeperapiaries and Barry, welcome to your both, so great that you have found us.  This will be a place where you will find that you will enjoy to spend time.  We are a listening group of people, and we totally love new members.  You will have a place to tell us your stories, tales, experiences, and also make some new and great friends. Stick around, you will find that your time spent here with be worth it.  Have a most wonderful day, lovin', livin' and groovin' on our great life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Barry

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 01:38:18 pm »
Thank You all for the welcome,  hope to be a useful contribute, remains to be seen,  as stated previously, haven't had bees since early 2003, and reacquired them this year. Hoping to use the 12 years I had with them up north  to valuable service here. Have a few ideas  but remains to be seen as to success  acquired bees to late to do what I have in mind.
Thanks,
Barry

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 04:41:55 pm »
welcome aboard
Damien