Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This One Has Me Stumped  (Read 14658 times)

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: This One Has Me Stumped
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 12:29:19 am »
Wow...they cuss you out, hang up, and then have the nerve to call back and ask about what to do?

If I could talk without giggling I'd spin a yarn about how bees are attracted to mulch and that is why they were attracted there in the first place (or some other such thing).

Then they get double the cost of the exterminator and removing the mulch and replacing with stone!!  :evil:
Rick

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:20 am »
scads that is too funny, I can just see them now hiring somepoor ole landscaper and having to jay boards down on the grass to roll his wheel barrow on while moving that mulch  :-D

JP sounds like you have "been there done that", good call.

Good luck with this one rebel rose.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 07:49:27 am »
scads that is too funny, I can just see them now hiring somepoor ole landscaper and having to jay boards down on the grass to roll his wheel barrow on while moving that mulch  :-D

JP sounds like you have "been there done that", good call.

Good luck with this one rebel rose.

G3

I have been there and was dead serious when I mentioned the best thing is to not answer the phone if they called again.

Rebel Rose, my apologies if I came across harsh. My intention was not to "rub it in", but to stress to everyone out there that these types of people you have described should be avoided like the plague.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 09:36:11 am »
Well, they called me back.....and I told them I was not interested....so I got cussed out!  :shock: They hung up on me....and called back immediately, but I did not answer the phone....she left a message on my answering machine....she asked me what they should do?  :roll:

Brenda

Brenda...

Save your time and money and go buy a nuc.

Hope you you got pay for looking  :? 

:lau: :lau: :lau:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:52:09 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 09:51:46 am »
JP,

You were right!  ;) I guess I will be listening to what you say a little more.... :-D

The more I am around people, the more I like my 'killer bees'.

Brenda

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 10:04:04 am »

[/quote]

Rebel Rose, my apologies if I came across harsh. My intention was not to "rub it in", but to stress to everyone out there that these types of people you have described should be avoided like the plague.

...JP
[/quote]

JP, no problem, I understand why you said that!

Out of the past few calls I had for swarms and cut outs. One swarm was a piece of steak (they fed me steak and it was easy to get the bees), another one was 'jellow jackets' and not honey bees, another was for 'bumble bees', the next one had lots of honey bees inside of the insulation of his large metal building....and let the electricians spray them with several cans of hornet spray before I got there.....the next, called me about a colony in the cemetery and later said that a private person had hired another beekeeper to remove them before I got there....now I have this call.... :shock:

Of course this is Illinois....where we have one governor in prison and another about to go there as well....nothing will surprise me after this! I hope.... :?

Brenda

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 11:10:56 am »
Brenda, the good people out there far out weigh the bad. I don't mind a challenge myself and I've dealt with some who wound up being great to deal with, that at first were perhaps a little tough to read.

You were right to turn this one down, sorry you got cussed at. You sound like a very nice lady. They don't deserve you.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 11:29:40 am »
rebel rose it sounds like you are due an easy one pretty soon after all of that.

good luck

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 10:07:25 pm »
G3Farms,

I got the easy one this morning in the rain! The people were great and they have a colony in an old travel trailer that I am going to remove next weekend!
It was about time! But does this mean the next few calls are going to be bad ones!!! :?

Brenda

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 10:32:22 pm »
I sure hope you get many more easy ones in the future!

I've got a big cut out coming up if it will ever quit raining, almost got my bee vac built and looking for some help.

I am fixing to be soooo busy when the sun finaly does come out, baling hay, AI service the cows, bees, trying to hatch some chicks, and have a job also. Good grief I think I have too many irons in the fire.

Good luck on your cut out and hope the sun is shining on you.

How did the swarm go in the rain?

G3

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 10:34:08 pm »
Hopefully not.

Those picky people were just kind the people who would sue you for doing them a favor.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 10:36:22 pm »
Will you guys please send some of that rain my way? :'(

...JP

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 10:38:51 pm »
Will you guys please send some of that rain my way? :'(

...JP

I wish I could JP, haven't had more than one day without showers in weeks.  I'm amazed mushrooms are sprouting in the lawn(they did last year when it rained for a whole month). It also means the black flies and mosquitoes are going to be atrocious this season, the black flies already are.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 10:48:09 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( I wish I could exchange my tears for rain, oh well. We have been in a drought for the last 8-9 years. We only get rain now in hurricane season which is way after the spring flows have ended.

But hey, there's always the fall flow!

...JP

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 10:48:55 pm »
You have to do a rain dance JP!  :mrgreen:

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 11:12:00 pm »
I've got a big cut out coming up if it will ever quit raining, almost got my bee vac built and looking for some help.

When is it coming up?  If I'm available I may be able to lend a hand.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 11:19:30 pm »
SgtMaj, I'm waiting for some sunshine and need to get back in touch with the property owner. He said he would furnish the scaffolding to reach the hive and even help take the clap board siding down and put it back, can't beat that. Bees have been in there for several years, I think he said seven years. Not sure what to expect.

Will let you know for sure.

Have you done you cut out? If you need help just let me know also, be glad to help if I can fit it in my schedule.

G3

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 11:28:55 pm »
It's first thing tomorrow morning (not IDEAL weather for it, but at least it's not supposed to be raining at that time.  It may end up being a dead-out, but I am still hopeful.  He said he hasn't seen the honeybees this year, but he also said he hasn't been specifically looked to see if they are still there.  I know he hasn't sprayed them and he's fairly sure his neighbor's haven't either, so if nothing else it should be good for some comb.  He is sure that the bumble bees are still there, and I'm going to go ahead and deal with them for him... so that should be fun anyway.  Still of course I'm hoping the honey bee colony will still be alive and well.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 11:33:26 pm »
My girls are playing their volleyball tournements this weekend, so I'm out, sorry. I would have loved to of helped you.

Waiting on some sunshine for my cut out and have to get with the property owner again, I will let you know though, if you are interested.

G3

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 11:42:21 pm »
That's ok, it's also mothers day.  My wife is already kinda mad at me for scheduling it on mother's day, but with any luck I'll be done before noon.