Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: candy boards  (Read 1595 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
candy boards
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:04:12 am »
Made another 50lbs of candy yesterday using a cheap no contact laser therm.  About 25.00 at harbor freight.   It worked perfect even through the steam coming off the pot. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: candy boards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 09:52:45 am »
That's the one I use for locating colonies in houses for a cutout. The HF store will have a sell every so often for less then $30.00.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:51 am »
thats it but I must have bought it on sale because it seems like it was 27.00    I originally bought it thinking I could drive into a yard in winter and shoot the laser in the upper entrance and tell it they were dead or alive.  Never did try that idea out

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:50:13 am »
I have had the hardest time with candy boards/fondant.  Things never turn out right.  I went to dry sugar this winter and things have been soooo messy with dead outs.  Would be nice to get a reliable thermometer like that.  Can those be found at any big box stores or is online the only place? 
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline danno

• Super Bee

anything