Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pender Island, Canada  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Pix

• New Bee
Pender Island, Canada
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:53:57 pm »
Hello,

I just got my bees in July and they're doing really well. I joined my local bee club in January, met some fantastic people and moved onto a very small island. I'm always looking for new information, new treatments, new methods. Really excited from what I've read already.

Cheers,
Pix on Pender

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Pender Island, Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:27:07 pm »
Welcome!! If you can't find it on this forum, it does not exist!

Where is Pender Island?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Pix

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:27:09 pm »
Pender Island is in BC, in the gulf islands, above washington state

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28:11 am »
Pix, welcome to our forum, nice that you found us and we have another Canadian, we are growing in numbers.  I have not been to Pender Island, but it really is not that far from me, I know a friend of ours that used to go each year and spend about two weeks there in friend's home that they rented out.  I lived about 45 km northeast of Vancouver, in Maple Ridge (a place called Webster's Corners to be exact).

So nice that you also joined the bee club.  You will have many questions as a new beekeeper, lean on us for help, ask any questions, we are a friendly group and you will also make new friends.  Tell us your stories and tales, we love to listen.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 04:50:31 pm »
Pender Island is in BC, in the gulf islands, above washington state

Hop in your camin (canoe) and come on down for our labor day bash.  Cindi, our solcial director, will be here was will other beeks from WA, OR, and BC.  PM me if you can make it.  Oh, and welcome to beemaster's.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!