Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trapout Started and asked about Pollination Service  (Read 3450 times)

Offline snmyork

• House Bee
Trapout Started and asked about Pollination Service
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:19:14 am »
I work on computers and one of my clients employee has a uncle with bees in the wall of his garage. They asked me about how to get the bees out without doing a cutout. The only other way I told them was to do a trap-out. I gave them my number and well, I set-up the trap yesterday. I have pictures and will post later. But I was asked by the uncle about how much would I charge for polination or would I be willing to sell a hive. I told him I would let him know.

What do you charge for pollination?
And also for future trap-out and cutouts what do you charge for them?

Thanks for the help!

Offline duck

• House Bee
    • Big Thicket Bees
Re: Trapout Started and asked about Pollination Service
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »
if its not a huge farm operation, then negotiate for some fresh vegetables/fruit!

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 10:53:23 pm »
Hey great It's a start on a possible second yard with benifits to boot.

Offline calrow99

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 01:13:54 am »
I just picked up my hive from pollinating a Macadamia tree about  40 miles away....  Jacq was happen to pay for delievery, pick-up and a couple spot checks, just cover my gas and Im good with that....  its a win win for both. 

Offline Danpunch

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:11 pm »
I wouldn't charge if it had potential as a second apiary and was relatively close-by. Can never have too many places to park some hives :-)

Offline snmyork

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:41:07 am »
The trapout is in Kannapolis, NC which is about 60 miles away from me. I do go up there every two weeks for work. I am not charging him and with the possiblity of putting some hives up there would be a bonus. He has just a backyard garden and has been trying to get beeks to put hives there for a while. I seem to get more of these and just want to know how  to charge for the next time. He actually ask about pollination service or buying a hive from me.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:44 am »
I would not pollinate for less than 1 hive per mile I have to travel. 60 mile, I would not do, since I don't have 60 hives. It will be a losing proposition for one or both parties. Sell him 2 hives and put him onto this forum and the local beek club.
Here are the local clubs.  http://www.ncbeekeepers.org/chapters.htm

I charge a flat 300 for cutout or trapout, plus extras for things like height, distance, scaffolding, unfriendliness, :D , ETC.

PS. I am also 60 mile from Kannapolis.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline snmyork

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »
Thanks everyone. How much would/do you sell a complete 8 frame deep hive?

anything