Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Michael Bush - FIRST 10,000+ POST MEMBER!!!  (Read 9031 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Michael Bush - FIRST 10,000+ POST MEMBER!!!
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:33:17 am »
A big thanks to Michael Bush for being the first to reach this milestone, being our FIRST member with UNIVERSAL BEE status (no benefits but a cool title) and a few others close on his tail - but thanks for such great participation and incredible help and insight you have shared.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Michael Bush - FIRST 10,000+ POST MEMBER!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:05:27 am »
Thanks for the kudos.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:10:26 am »
Ah, I see it is you by your website signature.

You da man Mike...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 12:10:52 pm »
Michael is the the beekeeper who got me on track with foundationless frames and not treating my bees. Also I moved to mediums based on his advice. Plus so many things I learned from Michael when I first started beekeeping. I have to give Michael so much credit for making me a much better beekeeper. I so much appreciate all the help I received from Michael.

Thanks Michael for being here and helping with all your advice and expertise.

Sincerely
Annette

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 01:28:24 pm »
Congratulations too the 10,000 Plus status
But what you say is much more than 10,000 posts
IMHO its very well thought and written out
I like the fact that its backed by the time you put into the Bees
I read MB's page more than any other non forum page, when
I'm looking for bee,hive and related info.
 I use it as my reference Library
Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Happy New Year 

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:22:27 pm »
I'd like to thank you for the info as well Michael...t'was from you I learned not to over think things. I'm now officially a lazy beekeeper :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 03:47:46 pm »
This is the first time I saw the video above - just waking up after working midnights and hearing Brendhan's introduction of Mike (with me not even having coffee yet) was kinda like chewing a mouthful of aluminum foil with a mouthful of fillings - eeeeek!

Imagine if Michael were left alone to talk - Brendhan, here's your New Years Gift   :fishhit:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 05:26:39 pm »
Michael, I've always appreciated your point of view and your generous nature in helping others to become better bee keepers, including myself.

Happy 10,000

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:12 pm »
This is the first time I saw the video above - just waking up after working midnights and hearing Brendhan's introduction of Mike (with me not even having coffee yet) was kinda like chewing a mouthful of aluminum foil with a mouthful of fillings - eeeeek!

Imagine if Michael were left alone to talk - Brendhan, here's your New Years Gift   :fishhit:

LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

windfall

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 06:10:04 pm »
Michael has certainly been a wealth of information for this newbee. Personally I am amazed at the patience he shows in answering the same questions over and over....(I have been spending a lot of time in the archives)...and also in giving attention to the questions of the overly enthusiastic beginners (such as myself). I don't know where his motivation for this generosity of time comes from but am grateful for it.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 07:01:09 pm »
Michael is the the beekeeper who got me on track with foundationless frames and not treating my bees. Also I moved to mediums based on his advice. Plus so many things I learned from Michael when I first started beekeeping. I have to give Michael so much credit for making me a much better beekeeper. I so much appreciate all the help I received from Michael.

Thanks Michael for being here and helping with all your advice and expertise.

Sincerely
Annette

Exactly what Annette said.

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 07:36:41 pm »
Congats and thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience.  You are an asset to the forum.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 08:01:35 pm »
10,000 posts on just this site.   And think about how many hits his site gets.   Very good info there.

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 08:36:11 pm »

Thank You  Tony

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:21 pm »
I agree with all of these comments. Michael Bush has been one of most solid no nonsense Beeks on the BeeMaster forum in the short time I've been here, and I know that what he says is trustworthy info from personal experience. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your knowledge MB!!!
Tim
Tim

Offline backyard warrior

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
Its great that Mike shares his experience with other people in helping us all become better beekeepers. I believe Mike knows that the bees need all of us to get them threw the problems they are having. Id like to thank all the mentors for their sharing of expertise with bees that help all of us help the bees.  ;)  It shows in your postings of 10,000 that you have a love for bees  congrats !!!!!!

Offline sarafina

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 05:48:45 pm »
Thank-you, Mr. Bush for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience with us new bees.  I have learned so much from reading your posts and website and I know you have save me a lot of money and heartache!

Offline WPG

• House Bee
  • The Land Between Two Rivers
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 02:59:12 am »
Congratulations Michael Bush

Glad you were the one to achieve this milestone.

Some may pad their count with empty posts, but you have done a great service to all of us with your pertinent info and patient assistance.

10,000! That is just phenomenal!
Push, Pull or get Out of the Way

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 09:36:40 am »
>This is the first time I saw the video above

First time I watched it too...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 11:15:57 am »
Thank you Michael, for both your informative Bushfarms site and for your responses on this forum. I greatly appreciate your help. I started just this past Spring, mistakenly thinking I'd have "organic honey," LOL. But after reading a bit, I quickly bought a second hive that went foundationless. All future hives will be foundationless as well. I relied heavily on your site for help with the foundationless, and so much more. And I get detail questions answered here, from you and others. It's been a wonderful combination.

You are a giant in the movement toward foundationless and your (good) reputation probably goes quite a bit further than you know.

Best Regards,
Christy

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »
Bravo!!

And thanks as well for the many helpful, informative and balanced replies.

Ya just gotta love this forum!

love,
ziffa

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 08:17:12 am »
Hope I get the chance to tell you to your face sometime; how much your efforts have helped me become a better bee"keeper." 

Keep on postin'

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:16 am »

So...... who is this Michael Bush you guys are talking about? :-D

Yes, Michael.... thanks for your excellent work with bees and your willingness to share what you know.  Oh, and I find it very ironic that you are the most prolific poster at Beemaster.  I was going back reading your old posts and found this from February 19, 2005.

Anyway, welcome to the board and I hope we see you around here frequently.

I can barely keep up with Beesource.  So I wouldn't count on it.  :)

Michael
"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline macbee

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 03:21:12 pm »
Michael,You have as far as I can find bar none the best and simple methods on tbh and bee know how!Thanks for all the work you have put out there for us.I'm a newbee and don't even have a hive built yet,but 2 packages ordered.Would a tanzanian tbh probably work best?If so with a lot of 1x12s on hand(3/4-11)what dimentions if I want to keep the possibility of reg foundation use?Thanks Michael! You are beeyond beelief on beesmarts.   macbee
macbee

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:41 pm »
2 pages of Thanks and congrats to MB and
His Personal Heckler hasn't even posted

Ya think its a Jealousy thing  :-D

sorry just rambling :roll:

:lau:

Thanks again MB for the posts you share
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline fuzzybeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 05:21:06 pm »
Maybe BEEMASTER can help out with expenses by publishing an e-book on all the advice that Michael Bush has given?

Michael's Mantras

The SAGES Advice

Bush's Beatitudes

What 'cha think?

Fuzzybeekeeper :)

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 05:31:50 pm »
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/southeast-organic-beekeepers-conference-intro-to-beekeeping-part-4/b977baf198d880639c85b977baf198d880639c85-302552516100?q=bee+keeping+for+beginners&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR32

Any chance this is the same Michael Bush?  I like what he has to offer.

Yes, he's kind of a big deal. (sorry to talk about you like you're not here Mike.) I'm working on posting often too - only because something bothers me (a man) literally just a tiny bit, about being titled "queen" - anything.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 07:32:18 pm »
Maybe BEEMASTER can help out with expenses by publishing an e-book on all the advice that Michael Bush has given?

Michael's Mantras

The SAGES Advice

Bush's Beatitudes

What 'cha think?

Fuzzybeekeeper :)

It is all already on the website.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:48:32 pm »
>Would a tanzanian tbh probably work best?

There is nothing wrong with either a KTBH or a TTBH.

>If so with a lot of 1x12s on hand(3/4-11)what dimentions if I want to keep the possibility of reg foundation use?

I assume you mean frames.  I wouldn't see any reason to use foundation, but it's nice to be able to put frames in.  If you look up plans for a Langstroth hive and make the 16 1/4" dimension 48" instead (or 48 3/4") and make it 3/4" deeper (to make the space that bottom board would make) you'll have a 33 frame hive (or bars if you use those).  The bars will be 19".  The comb guides will be 18 1/4".  I'd make about 18 1 1/2" wide and 18 1 1/4" wide.  I had trouble with collapse on the deeps but others seem to do ok with them.  Maybe it was just a very sudden flow and a lot of heavy new comb that was my problem, but I went to mediums, which works out to a one by eight without ripping it, but if you have a lot of 1 by 12's you could rip it out of that, or save them for something else and buy one by eights...

If you don't care about putting frames in, I'd make the KTBH.  With the one by 12s it will work well.

-------------------

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:47 pm »
>Would a tanzanian tbh probably work best?

There is nothing wrong with either a KTBH or a TTBH.

>If so with a lot of 1x12s on hand(3/4-11)what dimentions if I want to keep the possibility of reg foundation use?

I assume you mean frames.  I wouldn't see any reason to use foundation, but it's nice to be able to put frames in.  If you look up plans for a Langstroth hive and make the 16 1/4" dimension 48" instead (or 48 3/4") and make it 3/4" deeper (to make the space that bottom board would make) you'll have a 33 frame hive (or bars if you use those).  The bars will be 19".  The comb guides will be 18 1/4".  I'd make about 18 1 1/2" wide and 18 1 1/4" wide.  I had trouble with collapse on the deeps but others seem to do ok with them.  Maybe it was just a very sudden flow and a lot of heavy new comb that was my problem, but I went to mediums, which works out to a one by eight without ripping it, but if you have a lot of 1 by 12's you could rip it out of that, or save them for something else and buy one by eights...

If you don't care about putting frames in, I'd make the KTBH.  With the one by 12s it will work well.

And here on his kudos page, whats he doing? Still giving advice lol. Thanks for everything MB

Offline Dave360

• House Bee
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 10:37:18 pm »
Congrats Michael !!

and thanks for replying to the posts of all us new bee keepers and our endless string of questions

great web site also you are a great asset to all bee keepers

Thanks Again Dave

anything