Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees Needed to be Saved  (Read 1216 times)

Offline BEEMAN

• House Bee
Bees Needed to be Saved
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:12:42 pm »
About two weeks ago I got a call from a lady about 30 miles from my house telling me that she had a bee hive in an old pecan tree that the landloard was going to cut down. She asked if I would like to take the bee. I know it is late in the season but she and I both hated to see the bees killed. I went to her house and closed off both of the entrance holes with screen. The landloard cut the rotted tree and we tried to keep it from distroying the hive when it fell. The top of the rotted tree broke off but the bees did not come out. We cut the tree below the entrances and I loaded the log on my truck and brought it home. I placed it in my bee yard and will wait till this spring before I try to extract the bees from the log and place them in a regular hive. They are doing well and I don't think that the fall from the cutting hurt the hive. :bee:

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Bees Needed to be Saved
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:12:33 pm »
I hope you put it upright in it's original position when you got it home, with the entrances facing the same way they were in the tree. IE: South, East, or however it was.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:10:43 am »
Would love to see a photo... :pop:

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:43:23 pm »
Keep us posted on the condition of the bees.

anything