Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Female Spider, a Fly and a poor lil Boy spider, one for Nepthenes.  (Read 3684 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Caught one of my pet spiders grabbing this huge fly, havent seen a fly like this before. Its way bigger than the ususal blowie we have here. More like a wasp than a blowfly. The poor lil thing bottom right is the Male. Note the silk from the back legs!

better one of the male.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: A Female Spider, a Fly and a poor lil Boy spider, one for Nepthenes.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 09:54:52 am »
How on earth do the little spiders kill something so big?  They are truly amazing.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 07:35:16 pm »
LUNCH!

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »
They got some power full poison to battle the smaller and simpler anatomy of insects, not so affective on humans. Spiders are awesome, is the one that runs supper fast?

think you posted this in the wrong forum i think you ment to hit the sub forum.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:44:45 am »
Ah well, these things happen, but this spider moved so fast it was amazing. I would say .5 of a second to cover a foot. i was just looking at this huge fly and heading for the fly spray when WHAM out it popped. Didnt know it was even there. I try not to use fly spray coz I dont like to kill spiders.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:24:47 am »
I don't remember what kind of spider it is i just know t heirs a spider that moves REALLY fast and is very common down their in Ausi.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.