Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Photos of White House Bee Hive  (Read 12368 times)

Offline eri

• House Bee
Photos of White House Bee Hive
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:15:24 am »
On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Photos of White House Bee Hive
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:26:27 am »
Wow - that's some hive stand!
Thanks for posting the link!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:31 am »
Only one? Obama gonna have to get the ladder out to work that one. I see he ain't been on beemaster, or he'd know better.

Kathyp, why don't you ask Obama to come and visit us? :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline eri

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:52:43 am »
If you read the text on the other photos, you'll see that the hive stand had to meet specs wrt groundskeeping activities, helicopter landings (the boxes are strapped together & the stand legs are in cement), etc. and the beekeeper plans to use a stepladder.
On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 11:07:30 am »
he need to come visit you!  you can take him on one of your cutouts  :-)  that is a monster stand.  the need is understandable, but i'm not sure i'd like working a hive from the top of a ladder.  on second thought, maybe he needs to visit understudy.  he's the one who had the ladder thing going on.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:17:14 am »
I just wrote the Whitehouse, their message sending page is quite nice) aimed it at Michelle Obama and congratulated her in the vision to bring a more flourished garden to the Whitehouse property.

I explained what we do here, how collectively we have hundreds, even thousands of years of beekeeping experience in an International forum where we represent around 100 countries, etc..

I know the chances of that post ever making it to her is slim to none, but if you don't try - then you'll never make it. So, I wrote the letter stating that our goal is to use our beekeepers to make BETTER beekeepers, so that the honeybees have a better chance at surviving in these trying times.

I'll sure to let you know if I hear anything back from her/him/them or anyone in the chain of command who deals with their letters.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:47:59 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 11:38:39 am »
do let me know if she logs on. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 03:47:37 pm »
Oh boy! Very Coool, John!
 But, there is one thing that may happen....IF "Chelle" gets interested in these bees of hers.......well,........You know the rest of the story!......She'll be focusing on bees more than anything else, just like the rest of us! :)

your friend,
john

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:10 pm »
I just got a pm from someone up there that wants more bees.

Offline slaphead

• House Bee
  • Obsessive, compulsive & happy
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 12:23:21 am »
It's cool to see the 1st family take an apparent interest in sustainable agriculture, urban gardening and local produce.  Pretty neat alround really.

SH
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 05:32:42 am »
he need to come visit you!  you can take him on one of your cutouts  :-)  that is a monster stand.  the need is understandable, but i'm not sure i'd like working a hive from the top of a ladder.  on second thought, maybe he needs to visit understudy.  he's the one who had the ladder thing going on.

I don't know if you remember me mentioning this but last year I was given security clearance to fool with some bees in a light pole in a park George W was visiting.

We were hysterical over this laughing. I was literally given security clearance by some judge who had spent according to her secretary several hours gaining proper clearance.

I told the secretary I was not fooling with the bees while the president was in the park for fear I would be apprehended by the secret service if the president were stung.

That was one for the books!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline slaphead

• House Bee
  • Obsessive, compulsive & happy
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 10:30:09 am »
That is surreal.  I wonder if the bees had to have clearance too?

:-D

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 11:47:15 am »
I have a signed THANK YOU from Bill Clinton honoring my father posthumously for his service - probably a machine signing, although I know most Presidents have taken great honor at signing these letters of thanks from your Country for Service. But of course, we now have the Greatest Generation dying sadly quicker than any one man could sign thank you letters.

I don't know how the Clinton letter was signed, it OBVIOUSLY had ink on it, not a photocopy type letter - but I have seen the machines that sign their signatures many times on TV.

I was thinking of that letter when I wrote this new message to the First Lady, It's interesting the way things work and what an honor to even get a reply considering the amount of messages they must get every day. I'll let you all know if there is any follow up.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »
I used to have stands that were concrete blocks (8") plus a stand (3 1/2") then the hive.  Between blowing over and putting supers on with a ladder I moved them down to putting them on a four by four (3 1/2").  That one looks like it will blow over at the first light gust.  Not to mention I don't see how you'd put supers on it...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 03:34:13 pm »
Oh boy! Very Coool, John!
 But, there is one thing that may happen....IF "Chelle" gets interested in these bees of hers.......well,........You know the rest of the story!......She'll be focusing on bees more than anything else, just like the rest of us! :)

your friend,
john

maybe the prez. will take an interest...
be happy and make others happy.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:50 pm »
That is surreal.  I wonder if the bees had to have clearance too?

:-D

those that didn't have clearance, were grounded for the duration.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

anything