Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from newbie in VA  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Dirtfishing1

• Brood
Hello from newbie in VA
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:25:08 am »
Glad to be here and thank you for sharing your wisdom. I look forward to keeping bees and eating home grown honey. I will be starting out with 2 Brushy Mtn 8 frame garden hives with black superframes. I have been reading lots of books and watching some videos. I would like to meet someone locally to mentor me in beekeeping so if anyone near Blue Ridge VA is willing to teach I am willing to learn. Thanks Again.

Dirt

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from newbie in VA
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »
You've put your location on your profile...I like you already! :-D

Welcome

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »
 :-D

Offline scdw43

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 11:03:18 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster and beekeeping.
Winter Ventilation: Wet bees die in hours maybe minutes, no matter how much honey is in the hive.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:51:21 am »
Welcome to the site!

Offline hendro

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »
Glad to be here and thank you for sharing your wisdom. I look forward to keeping bees and eating home grown honey. I will be starting out with 2 Brushy Mtn 8 frame garden hives with black superframes. I have been reading lots of books and watching some videos. I would like to meet someone locally to mentor me in beekeeping so if anyone near Blue Ridge VA is willing to teach I am willing to learn. Thanks Again.

Dirt
Welcome Dirt.  Hope you enjoy the hobby as well as I do.  My wife and I grew up in VA but have been away for over 30 years.  I have a sister in Front Royal though.  My wife and I have always loved VA.  We miss it, but I doubt we will ever come back to stay.  Take care.

Offline Virginia Newbie

• Brood
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 01:59:11 pm »
I'm also new in VA.  Haven't received my hives or bees yet, but getting excited.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:48:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum
Where abouts in the Blue Ridge Mountains are ya?  Kinda covers a huge area there that you are calling home hehehehe.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline kmjess

• Brood
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:00:46 pm »
Hi everybody. I am new from VA too. I pick up my hives today and am very happy to begin beekeeping. I know where I am putting the hives and can't wait for the bees to arrive.