Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Swarm On Crape Myrtle Tree-June 2, 2010  (Read 8801 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Swarm On Crape Myrtle Tree-June 2, 2010
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:38:01 am »
Well I finally got this sucker uploaded to youtube. Only took 6 tries. Actually I had to recreate the video for it to upload, a youtube thing.

Hope y'all enjoy it!

...JP

Swarm Of Honey Bees On Crape Myrtle
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Swarm On Crape Myrtle Tree-June 2, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:10:18 am »
Jp I enjoy Every one of your video's and your post's
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:14 am »
Thanks Irwin! I actually owe you some credit for inspiring me or pushing me (perhaps a little of both) in getting set up to make videos.

Particularly the one of you riding around on your pink little bicycle with the beer cans strapped to your forehead. Yes, that one was particularly inspiring.  ;)

Hey man, I look forward to all of yours as well! Would love to see a crabbing video. (hint, hint)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 08:46:22 am »
Now what are all the people on the street thinking when they see you working a swarm of bees and then you pull out the umbrella?

You da man.....

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 08:51:31 am »
What a great way to start the day, viewing this that is!

Thanks man.

Jay

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 09:02:53 am »
Well, I guess you have to be a little crazy to fool with bees to begin with, so the unveiling of a cute lil red umbrella is really no stretch. Besides, most who watch me fool with bees think I'm nuts to begin with.

Thanks for the feedback y'all.

Everyone have a great day and don't forget your cameras!

...JP

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 09:03:54 am »
Now that was fun to watch, JP.  Thanks for sharing - I thought the umbrella was funny - no protection from the beestings, but need some for the rain???????  Right, it's a nod to Annette - cute!

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 09:18:59 am »
Thanks Irwin! I actually owe you some credit for inspiring me or pushing me (perhaps a little of both) in getting set up to make videos.

Particularly the one of you riding around on your pink little bicycle with the beer cans strapped to your forehead. Yes, that one was particularly inspiring.  ;)

Hey man, I look forward to all of yours as well! Would love to see a crabbing video. (hint, hint)

...JP
You got it Jp as soon as the weather clears up. I'm thinking the early part of July :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline pondman

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 09:31:14 am »
JP

Another great video thats for sharing. Keep making the m for us to see.

Pondman

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:23 am »
JP, these videos you're makin' are great...keep it up Bro! I've got a shed cut out this morning. I'll try to see if I can get a decent video from my digital camera. We'll see...

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »
JP, these videos you're makin' are great...keep it up Bro! I've got a shed cut out this morning. I'll try to see if I can get a decent video from my digital camera. We'll see...

Scott

Oh man, that would be great! I would love to see some pig footage too, if you get the chance.  :flyingpig:

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 06:33:13 pm »
OH JP you are cracking me up with that umbrella!!  You are such a wild man going after that potentially dangerous (at least that is what the public thinks) swarm, then breaking out the umbrella like you are going to do a song and a dance.

I feel extremely honored to have you mention my name in these videos.  Thanks my dear friend.

Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 06:43:06 pm »
Don't know if you'll get any song n dance, but while the red umbrella is in my possession, I might as well milk it for all its worth.  :-D

...JP

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 06:44:19 pm »
JP... Annette I about fell out of my chair when I realized what he was doing.  At first I was like.. whats with the umbrella.. if bees don't bother him what is a little rain going to do?
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline Nyomomma

• New Bee
    • Not your Ordinary Momma
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 09:59:48 am »
That's a great video,  I went onto Youtube and saw your others too. I love the umbrella at the end; it made me smile.
The swarm on the vehicle was amazing. It seems the bees will set up camp practically anywhere.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:34 am »
That's a great video,  I went onto Youtube and saw your others too. I love the umbrella at the end; it made me smile.
The swarm on the vehicle was amazing. It seems the bees will set up camp practically anywhere.

Yea, sometimes they just don't care where they set up! http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/April252008#5193372604387350866

...JP

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 12:54:46 pm »
JP, your icon with the fish makes me sad, given the state of the waters around N.O.

LT in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 01:08:35 pm »
JP, your icon with the fish makes me sad, given the state of the waters around N.O.

LT in Atlanta

All we can do is go forward and try to remember the good times. Oyster fisherman are hit the worst obviously. Who knows when you'll ever see oysters from the hard hit areas again?

...JP

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 02:16:18 pm »
Jp, I noticed on this one also you did not wear any protective clothing. Does the sugar water spray help out a lot for the bees stinging? What ratio do you sue for the spray? Thanks and again thanks for the videos they are great. Not i=only is the quality good but they are also a good way of showing people how to colect swarms and do cut outs the propper way. 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 05:03:45 pm »
Jp, I noticed on this one also you did not wear any protective clothing. Does the sugar water spray help out a lot for the bees stinging? What ratio do you sue for the spray? Thanks and again thanks for the videos they are great. Not i=only is the quality good but they are also a good way of showing people how to colect swarms and do cut outs the propper way. 

Shawn, I don't like to wind up with sticky bees and use sugar water sparingly. Mix is about 60/40 water to sugar. If the bees are hungry, the sugar water is a quick attitude adjuster.

I appreciate the feedback, not sure if what I do is the proper way but I usually can get the job done, one way or another.

I am always open to suggestions and constructive criticism. If anyone at any time has an observation for improvement feel free to voice it.

Removing bees is a craft that is honed through experience. Lots of mistakes, learning and eventually success. Having the right tools for the job is paramount.

I am always making mistakes and hopefully learning from them and I would like to think evolving my methods.

Of course when you get right down to it, its simply opening a cavity where a beehive is and removing them with as little stress as you can put on the bees.

A clean up job afterwards, sometimes a repair job and inevitably the most important part of it all, bee proofing the area so they can't get back in.

...JP

anything