Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Minnesota  (Read 4340 times)

Offline 3670wayne

• New Bee
Hello from Minnesota
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:30:58 am »
Just a quick howdy from Minnesota. Looking forward to learning a lot from you folks.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hello from Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 01:46:17 am »
Welcome to the forum Wayne. 

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 09:33:12 am »
Welcome Aboard Wayne:

Thanks for taking the time to register, I hope you found our new safe and secure registration easy to operate. I try to approve new members as quickly as possible, without subjecting the members to some of the threats that lurk.

I hope the beekeeping Forums become a regular visit spot for you, we welcome everyone to participate to the highest degree they wish. Happy Learning.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:59:59 am »
Hi Wayne,
A big welcome to the forum! How's the weather your way? I've been told of two times of the year there.
July the 4th and winter! ;)
This is the first year of beekeping for my son and I.This forum has been a wonderful place to learn and interact with many others. Do'nt ever be afraid to ask a question here because every one is a first time keeper at one time. Have a great day,Ken

Offline 3670wayne

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 09:23:31 pm »
Thanks! I am just learning about bees now and don't have a single thing yet. I am taking a class in the early spring at the U of M. I need a new hobby because after about 7 years my wife decided she hated my pigeons and convinced me I would be smart to sell them off. Last year I was coming back from the Sturgis motorcycle rally and stopped at a friends aunts house for the night in Huron, South Dakota. My friends cousin worked at the business that all the local bee keepers brought their honey. He had hundreds of drums of honey there and I got a chance to mess with the extractor and other tools they have there. I kept thinking about it and after this year's Sturgis trip I decided I would give it a shot. It will be a small endeavor, just for grins, and a little honey. I make my own beer and would like to use it once in a batch and maybe try making mead some time as well.  8-)

Offline 3670wayne

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:26:21 pm »
BUZZBEE,

The weather here is cold. Very little snow. We are makinf lot's of ice on the lakes now. I will be out ice fishing in about two weeks at this rate.  :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 09:53:07 pm »
Wayne, like many have said, welcome to the forum, they are a great bunch of people who love to help with advice on honeybee stuff.  I am a 2nd year beekeeper and have learned so much from the forum helpers that I can't wait until next season to implement many of the wonderful ideas that will help the health of my girls and make my life easier in working with them.  Been to Sturgis eh?  Bet you have a Harley, or some kind of large bike that you can travel a long ways on.  We have a 2003 Fatboy, love to ride with my husband.   Next year I am planning on purchasing a Harley Sportster low rider.  I am short, about 5 foot 2 and need the lowest of the lowest.  I am not new to riding, just haven't done it in quite a few years.  Maybe we will hit Sturgis one fine day.  Welcome Wayne!!  Great day., Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 3670wayne

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 12:13:39 am »
Hello Cindy,

Yes I have a couple Harleys, a 2002 FLHT and a 2002 Sportster the wife rides. I also have a 1978 Triumph Bonnevile and a 1978 Honda Hawk. After a winter of ice fishing and shivering I will be glad to try out my newfound interest in beekeeping, and of course riding. I put on about 7000 miles a year on my bikes, mostly on the Harley. The other bikes are kind of Sunday-go-to-meetin' bikes! Thanks for the greeting and I am sure i will talk to you again.

Wayne   8-)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 09:55:55 am »
Hello Cindy,

Yes I have a couple Harleys, a 2002 FLHT and a 2002 Sportster the wife rides. I also have a 1978 Triumph Bonnevile and a 1978 Honda Hawk. After a winter of ice fishing and shivering I will be glad to try out my newfound interest in beekeeping, and of course riding. I put on about 7000 miles a year on my bikes, mostly on the Harley. The other bikes are kind of Sunday-go-to-meetin' bikes! Thanks for the greeting and I am sure i will talk to you again.

Wayne   8-)

Well, my husband just corrected me, his is a 2002 also.  Sounds like you are really into the miles on the ride.  Good for you.  We don't ride as much as we would like, so many things around the farm keep us pretty tied down.  But I am hoping next year to be a little different, want to enjoy life a little more.  Got any pics of your Triumph and Hawk?  Our son-in-laws keep taking my hubby's bike for a little while and it always comes back with incredible improvements to it.  It was pretty nice when we first got it, but over the past years it does not even look the same as it did when we got it.  I can say nothing but, it is much more pretty, lol, it somehow got quite a bit noisier too, wonder how that happened?  Oh those young men in our lives that think that we need to have the new and improved.  Hope they don't think that we need to get new and improved one day too, well...maybe that would be good.  Great day...we start riding about the middle of April, we are more of a fair weather rider, the insurance stays off for the winter.  But maybe next winter may be a different thing.  We have all the garb for the cold rides, just don't do it.  Cindi.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service