Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: certan for wax moths where to find  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Bellavista2

• New Bee
certan for wax moths where to find
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:31:39 pm »
Bees came out of the hive Sunday they seemed agitated. I opened it up and found some moth larva I dug that out removed one old frame that had lots of pollen and larva, put it back together.There was still many frames of capped honey. As I was cleaning up the mess I found the Queen on a leaf with a few bees with her stuck them back in the hive. They seem very active the last couple of days acting normally. There was a small area of uncapped brood. Weather is 70 this week.  Anyone got a lead on where to find Certan I've seen it mentioned on here but don't see it in mann lake or dadent. I've got 2 10 frame deeps probably a bit more area then that small herd can protect.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: certan for wax moths where to find
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »
Most garden centers carry it. Certan is a name brand for BT (bacillus thurengensis).

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Bellavista2

• New Bee
Re: certan for wax moths where to find
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:41:14 pm »
Thank You very much Scott I'll give that a try.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything