Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Advice on how to post a topic on a forum to elicit useful responses  (Read 10529 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Advice on how to post a topic on a forum to elicit useful responses
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »
And I'm sorry you have such an ability to misread a post. Maybe that is why you see so many negatives that others don't. I never said anything at all derogatory toward Mike. I said his advanced learning and experience will produce much better results then a first year beek trying to do the same thing. I don't see where you see anything but a compliment to him in that statement.

Unless, of course, you are just misinterpreting to get responses.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »
For me, the time spent crafting a post is also indicative of the amount of time I'm willing to spend answering it.  Bad speling, grammer, and carles mestakes tell me somebody didn't spend the time to proof the post, and often I won't bother spending the time answering it.  

I disagree respectfully :-D I don't type i peck and pick. I also don't spell well without spell check. I do try and read my post over but I sometimes look a couple more times and modify the post with minor changes trying to get the spelling and grammar etc. right.

I then am told, "you modify your post and it looks like you are trying to hide something." Say What :-D

Who gives a rats ------! Sounds like i dooooo--- NOT :-*

See I did it modified :devilbanana:

John 3:16

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 02:29:35 pm »
It is as simple as that. I am a member of several Forums from Powerstroke Diesel's to Gardening. This is the only place I experience such cut-throat behavior

and you have seen nothing yet.  :-)  wait until we really do get bored!  try not to read to much into posts.  maybe you have been places where people guard what they write so that no one is offended.  in my experience, those places are useless when it comes to gathering info.   here, you will get some good arguments and many times they will not be sugar coated.  for that....you get good info.  it's up to you whether you can take it.

i don't think any of us write with the intention to offend. however...if you write honestly, here or elsewhere, you will offend someone.  not everyone can take an honest opinion.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:18 pm »
My humble .02 cents to this, is for people to utilize the search function before they post-chances are its on here somewhere.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 02:42:40 pm »
Great topic--thanks!
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »
iddee Ok, did I miss something? Why would I, as a first year Beek, not want to learn from an experienced Beek like Mike, or you, or WHOEVER? Who said anything about me wanting to be someone else, or run a "radical" Apiary, changing things on a whim just cause I can??? Remember the part where I said... Gods gift to Bees... Let me know how that works for you.
I just did a newspaper combine this morning and am now down to 1 hive. Any suggestions on something "radical" I can do to my 1 hive of bees? Are you starting to understand?
I guess you are so used to being attacked/attacking, it is all you know. Good Luck to you my Brother. My part of our conversation is over. Feel free to tell me all about myself now.
Matt

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 02:55:32 pm »
It's highly ironic that a thread requesting no trolling, flaming or fighting has degraded into those things. Course it also asked people not to respond to those things, which apparently I am doing anyway.

This is a polite, simple, noncontroversial request to be clear, concise and accurate in order that posters get good responses to their questions. Is this seriously that controversial?
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 02:57:49 pm »
It is as simple as that. I am a member of several Forums from Powerstroke Diesel's to Gardening. This is the only place I experience such cut-throat behavior

and you have seen nothing yet.  :-)  wait until we really do get bored! 

:lol: I love you kathyp! We need more of you in the world. I know I will never change a bunch of old farts... Just want them to see things from a different view. Sometimes things snowball over time with Guys, and it becomes the norm..... although it is not always right.
Matt

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »
Good thoughts Micheal Bush
Thanks for taking the time

Tommyt

scrap iron
New Bee
You seem like someone already on here  :roll:
That someone seems to have a spacial feeling for MB ,will always reply
with a twist,others here seem to think there may be an underlying jealousy
but you just never know .... you have to realize this is the WWW where you never really know
who it is, your typing too.
If you truly are new
 Hello,hope you enjoy 
If you stick around you will see IDDEE has a lot to say,
 The reason......he has a lot of Knowledge,he shares for FREE,he also seems jealous of no-one
I know I will never change a bunch of old farts... Just want them to see things from a different view
= weekly/monthly rant :roll:

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 04:06:31 pm »
iddee Ok, did I miss something? Why would I, as a first year Beek, not want to learn from an experienced Beek like Mike, or you, or WHOEVER? Who said anything about me wanting to be someone else, or run a "radical" Apiary, changing things on a whim just cause I can??? Remember the part where I said... Gods gift to Bees... Let me know how that works for you.
I just did a newspaper combine this morning and am now down to 1 hive. Any suggestions on something "radical" I can do to my 1 hive of bees? Are you starting to understand?
I guess you are so used to being attacked/attacking, it is all you know. Good Luck to you my Brother. My part of our conversation is over. Feel free to tell me all about myself now.

Maybe Im missing something, but I dont think that Iddee was meaning anything derogatory. I didnt take it that way at all and I still consider myself a new beek-entering my second winter with bees. Bottom line is..do what works for YOUR bees and you. Dont do anything simply because MB, Bjorn, or Iddee does it a particular way. They all do what works for them and their bees in their area. Ive tried techniques from alot of different seasoned beeks on here-some things Ive kept and others I havent. Try not to get too fired up -its not even Winter yet. Thats when things get real exciting on here.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »
Thanks, Tommy....

No, there was nothing derogatory in my post. MB has many hives. Not just Langs. He has foundation, foundationless, all med., deeps, Small cell, ETC. He can walk through a yard and spot problems a newbie wouldn't see if they were pointed out to him. He knows bees.

Now, if that was the only person answering questions on here, many answers would go way beyond usable for a new beek that may not know the difference in capped honey and capped brood.

This forum is great because of it's variety, light-heartedness, combination of knowledge from all around the world, and in all aspects of beekeeping. We need all members, at all levels.

That is all I was trying to say.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 05:47:03 pm »
Thanks, Tommy....

No, there was nothing derogatory in my post. MB has many hives. Not just Langs. He has foundation, foundationless, all med., deeps, Small cell, ETC. He can walk through a yard and spot problems a newbie wouldn't see if they were pointed out to him. He knows bees.

Now, if that was the only person answering questions on here, many answers would go way beyond usable for a new beek that may not know the difference in capped honey and capped brood.

This forum is great because of it's variety, light-heartedness, combination of knowledge from all around the world, and in all aspects of beekeeping. We need all members, at all levels.

That is all I was trying to say.

Completely agree!
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »
Tommyt, Im new here... I promise. Just bought my first hive in June. As far as MB, he is an innocent bystander in this thread! I used him to make a point. Thats it. I found his website during the publicity around his book and never heard of him before that. Although as a newbie, I must say I appreciate his taking the time to furnish folks like me valuable info. Anyway,  :cheer: Thanks for being the first not to misconstrue a simple point.  
Matt

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 06:05:09 pm »
And just so everyone can sleep tonite, I just want to say, if I took 3 of the 50 negative words from iddee out of text i am sooo sorry.  NOT
Matt

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 06:07:56 pm »
Sorry, not biting.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 08:13:22 pm »
Take a break iddee.  ;)

I'll step in.  :-D 

As far as MB, he is an innocent bystander in this thread! I used him to make a point.  

I can't believe you drug MB through the mud and openly admit that you used him. What kind of sick twisted troll are you? MB is idolized by some in a cult like way. Some I guess you could say follow in a hypnotic state of mind. How dare you "use him" like that.

What nerve!

:lau:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline rail

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 08:44:03 pm »
I know that I need etiquette in posting of questions. Try to receive instruction and wisdom with an open mind.

Even with keepers within the same county as I (Iddee) their practice may not work with my hive, but with knowledge hundreds of miles away will show results! I just listen and try!!!
Sirach

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 08:53:30 pm »
 :yippiechick:
What kind of soap opera is this?  "As the beeks bicker the bees fly away"   loflmao
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline adamant

• House Bee
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 08:55:18 pm »
good post .. i may add .. when u are selling something add your area :exzample:  8 frame extractor (new jersey)

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »
Interesting post to start out with.  I do have to admit that this has turned into the perfect example of what happens around here in middle of winter when everyone is cooped up and bored.  Lord if this stuff is going on now we aren't gonna have any posters by spring next year.    :-D

It's easy to look for the bad in people but a lot harder to see the good especially when you don't see eye to eye with them.  Just a word of advice to stay as a contributing member of the forum.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

anything