Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SHB in Sydney  (Read 7513 times)

Offline Lancej

• House Bee
Re: SHB in Sydney
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 12:00:39 am »
Hi HCK, how did you go with the SHB and your earwigs, I have seen a couple beetles in a nuc I have at a friend's place and there is no earwigs around to drop in it. (there could be but the grass is so long you can't find a thing) Thinking about getting a few traps as the numbers are low.

Offline Honeycomb king

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 04:28:28 am »
Yes I need to re earwig a few of my hives too.I've had a few people wanting to buy earwig from me (how strange or maybe just lazy). I might send some to you in the mail.I would like to know how they survive in a queen cage for a few days  etc. Can you wait until later in the week? I'm down at Horsham at the moment should be home Wednesday or Thursday.

Offline Lancej

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 05:13:59 am »
People have offered money for earwigs, well you should supply, must laugh brought home a few the other day in our vegies from our garden up bush, didn't think about the nuc, or selling for profit! If you want to try mailing go for it, let me know and I'll PM my address. Is this your last trip to Horsham, or do you have more to bring down?

Offline Honeycomb king

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 05:54:11 am »
Working hives. Stringy bark has started flowering again after 2 weeks off.yellow gum will continue until June ish. Both banksia are now yielding. Which is great to balance up the lack of pollen from yellow gum. This warm weather continues so does my season. Oops wrong thread.
Yes I may bring another small load down, I'll be back in about 2 weeks, as I have to supply water to the bees down here.

Offline Lancej

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 06:46:59 am »
Hi HCK, if you want a hand in a few weeks if your moving hives drop me a message,  naturally if I can get away from work.

Offline rageth

• Brood
  • Wannabee
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 09:47:48 pm »
Beelovers,
I just joined the forum to learn about beekeeping before trying my hand later this year. Very interesting discussion about SHB - thanks. I have also read Jim's (sawdstmakr) comment on SHB and Flow Hives. Are these protecting measures available for the Flow Hive?

Thanks.

Gareth.

anything