Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trap out in central ms  (Read 2089 times)

Offline tireman

• House Bee
Trap out in central ms
« on: September 08, 2014, 08:43:54 pm »
I'm having to do a trap out on a house to be remodeled between thanksgiving and Christmas . I know it's late and my chances on survival are slim but I'm better than the exterminator. I don't have any drawn comb to spare now but have given a frame of eggs and larvae. Would it be wise to feed in the hive box now and if so what mix? I have a weaker hive I can combine them with if need be. Thanks for the advice!!!
It is what it is

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Trap out in central ms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:42:33 pm »
Put the weaker hive on the trap and save yourself all that trouble. They will join it and get along fine.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Trap out in central ms
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:32:19 pm »
Put the weaker hive on the trap and save yourself all that trouble. They will join it and get along fine.

X2.
I have a removal from an apartment unit that I will try to smoke out first. If I cannot get them out, I will trap them out with an small hive.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin