Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My experience with state inspections and registration  (Read 1771 times)

Offline latebee

• House Bee
My experience with state inspections and registration
« on: July 07, 2005, 11:26:55 pm »
Today at 5 pm the new york state inspector was here to inspect my small apiary,which consists of four colonies. Overall it was a very enjoyable and learning experience. The inspector tests for AFB,EFB,small hive beetle,imported fire ants,varroa mites and lastly africanized honey bee. When the inspection is complete you receive a written copy of the report. If you pass,you are assigned a state apiary number and given an opportunity to choose a name for your enterprize. I was especially pleased with a zero varroa mite count---cause I am the guy who lost five colonies to this pest in the past. This forum has been a great help. Also the inspector told me of her experiences as a beekeeeper and passed knowledge from one beek to another. Oh yeah,she also found a Queen I could not in a two deep three medium colony in about 45 seconds,usually takes me about that many minutes LOL. This was a voluntary inspection,   I did it out of conscience because I am close to people(geographically) who make thier living from honey and did not want to jeopardize thier income.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.