Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: White, yellow, green  (Read 2141 times)

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
White, yellow, green
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:10:05 pm »
Two weeks ago my bees were bringing in what appeared to be white pollen.  Then several days later they were bringing in a yellow pollen.  Today I was cleaning out the SBB slide tray and I found green ????Pollen.  Anybody ever see "green" pollen?  I'm in Massachusetts and we have only had sporadic temps in the 50's going to the 20"s.
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.
Notice I did not say they were people who I admire !!!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: White, yellow, green
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:24:53 pm »
I think maples will shed green pollen.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:28:29 pm »
Pussywillows are out in Athol,MA. it has green pollen.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:51:50 pm »
Jim134,  have you seen green pollen recently?  I can't seem to find pussywillows anywhere.  I live near a marsh so I assume there's got to be some.  I just think that with our cold night temps. nothing would be flowering.
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:33:24 pm »
Never seen green pollen but I have seen purple pollen :)

Offline DaveKow

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 07:49:18 am »
You will want to add this to your favorites:  http://www.answers.com/topic/pollen-source
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:06:51 am by DaveKow »

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:49:21 pm »
Wow DaveKow,  that is nice.  Answered a lot of my questions and more.  Thanks.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 12:10:58 am »
I haven't seen any pollen yet this year( I am sure its around because my son is already having a problem with his allergies) but we always have lots of green pollen covering our cars, driveway outdoor furniture etc. The last 2 years the pollen has been particularly abundant for some reason and you would hear alot of people talking about how often they had to hose down everything outside.
Some years its so bad that everything is just coated with green and yellow pollen and when it rains you can see it pooled into all the low spots in the yard.
We have lots of maple trees around our neighborhood.

anything