Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Irish Beekeeper  (Read 5206 times)

Offline beek4018

• House Bee
New Irish Beekeeper
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:03:12 pm »
Moving to Dublin this July and have several questions:

1. Is it legal to keep bees in the Dublin city limits?

2. Does anybody in Ireland sell/ship package bees, or do most folks rely on nucs & swarms?

3. Is there a good supplier of top bar equipment in Ireland, and do they ship?

Thanks.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: New Irish Beekeeper
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:33:38 pm »
I don't know anything about keeping bees in Ireland but I have to say that I'm jealous! Most of my kin visit our "homeland" although I've never been. I understand that my family's clan is quite a big deal there...of course that's all hearsay :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline markfitz

• New Bee
Re: New Irish Beekeeper
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »
hello beek im from ireland and im new to beekeeping, to answer your questions yes its legal to keep bees in dublin city the best way to get bees is joining a bee keepers club and a member should sell you a nuc, you should look up the website irishbeekeeping.ie it should tell you everything you need to know about keeping bees in ireland, good luck with your move to ireland
mark fitzpatrick

anything