Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some funny commercials  (Read 2284 times)

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Some funny commercials
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:55:59 pm »
Heard a commercial on the radio yesterday that was from a local church.  It was one of those things where you know what they meant to say, but the way it came out in the 5 second spot they purchased, sounded like something else.  It said:

"Avoid ruining your life by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior."

umm... oookkkk...  :evil:  :-D

Then I was watching T.V. and saw a new commercial for Allstate... it was supposed to be about how other insurance companies skimp on coverage, but at the end the guy says:

"Just because you have insurance, doesn't mean you're covered, that's Allstate's stand."

I think I'll stick with the other guys, thanks anyway.   :-D

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
Re: Some funny commercials
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:26:16 pm »
I know I love those commercials, except when they are mine. I do a lot of TV stuf for my company and at least one or two a year come out like that. I go in do the spot, think that it is good, and then see it on TV a day later and it is horrible. Like " what am I paying you people for" type of thing.
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:35:12 am »
I think everybody involved in making a commercial should have to sit and watch it over and over for a full hour. If you then don't think it sucks then you can air it. I have seen commercials that I didn't like the first time, and it plays again and again.

Here is one. Bowflex.... you know what they mean but it comes out wrong.

"When they say you can work out 20 minutes a day three times a week, they mean just that."
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:39:57 am »
LOL, I have seen those bowflex commercials a million times and never picked up on that one, I will have to listen for it next time.

They could also just air the commercial to people who didn't work on it and see what they think.  Sometimes you just have to have an outside perspective.

anything