Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I Got Good News from My Hive :D!!!  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Billy The Beekeeper

• House Bee
  • My Strong Hive
I Got Good News from My Hive :D!!!
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:54:06 pm »
Yea today it was about in the mid 60's so i went in to my hive to look for my hive to find the queen. When i got in there the first brood frame i picked up from very bottom brood box had my queen on it :). Then i checked a coupla other frames to find eggs, larvae, and capped brood. I took so pics for you guys though the queen pic is blurry sorries. I hope you like the pics and Goodluck to guys that still need to go search :)                            :mrgreen:
Experienced BeeKeeper :D

• House Bee
  • My Strong Hive
Re: I Got Good News from My Hive :D!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:57:39 pm »
Yea today it was about in the mid 60's so i went in to my hive to look for my hive to find the queen. When i got in there the first brood frame i picked up from very bottom brood box had my queen on it :). Then i checked a coupla other frames to find eggs, larvae, and capped brood. I took so pics for you guys though the queen pic is blurry sorries. I hope you like the pics and Goodluck to guys that still need to go search :)                            :mrgreen:

Yea i just figured out i dont know how to use the imageshack so if anybody can help me out just tell me in a private message thx :) then i get pics up for u guys :D

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 07:12:34 pm »
Bug one of moderators to help with your picture post. That is what the moderators are here for. You get use and abuse them and ask them to help you. And if they give you any flack we beat them . :fishhit:

Go to the memebers section and click on the position tab. All those power hungry mods show. Bug the mods not the adminstrators as the adminstrators are busy laughing at the mods who actually have a job to do. Ignore Field bees and Galactic bees as they have no real power but somehow got thrown in the mix by the computer software.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Yep.... Those Moderators sure can come in handy - of course some have neater buttons than others. Beemaster :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:34:55 pm by beemaster »
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:02:59 am »
BillyK.  I typed out a list of instructions to help new forum members to post their pictures.  I am going to see if I can find my old post that may help you.  I think it worked well for a couple of other members that I tried to help out before.  Hold on....I am on a search. Have the best day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

• House Bee
  • My Strong Hive
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:05:35 am »
KK thx for ur help and ill be waitin for them instructions thx agian :D                 :mrgreen:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:18:47 am »
[quote author=BillyK link=topic=8167.msg51113#msg51113 date=1173650259

Yea i just figured out i dont know how to use the imageshack so if anybody can help me out just tell me in a private message thx :) then i get pics up for u guys :D
[/quote]

OK BillyK.  I found the PM that I had sent to another forum member that helped her to post pictures. I re-read the instructions that I had given and I think that they are pretty clear, in layman's language.  Give these instructions a whirl.  You will find out that it is really very easy to do.  Here goes, the exact information that I had sent, some time ago.

OK, first, download the pictures onto your computer?  I guess I should have asked that firstly.  I believe that is what you may have to do firstly.  This is what I do with my pictures to post.

2).  Go into the forum and create a post.
3.  Type some text just to get it going.
4.  I'm trying to remember what it looks like, hold on....
  OK, so below the text box you will see a field that is blank and beside is the "browse" button. 
Click on browse
This will take you to your computer
Find where you stored your picture
Click on the picture name
And then choose "open"
The picture data information will appear in the window to the left of the "browse" button, it designates where the picture is located on your computer
Below the "browse" button and find the words "Host it"
 Click on host it and you will enter the "Imageshack" software that will come up in a screen
It should show your picture in there.
Above your picture you will see several links to forum 1 or 2 etc, ignore these.
Below your picture you will see two lines regarding the posting to forum 1 and forum 2
You want to select the first line
"hotlinks to forum 1", highlight the line, it will turn blue
Click on it, then do the right click to copy the picture
Close the imageshack (you know, click the X on the top right of screen)
Now go back to the place where you typed your text and where you want the image to be placed, right click again to paste your picture

You're basically done.  Each picture that you want to post in this post you will have to go manually into image shack. I have tried to do multiples, but it goofed up on me, you probably can, but I couldn’t figure it out.  Good luck

You should preview your post before you post it to see if the picture worked or not.  So push the preview button and you should see your post with the picture in it.  Then the next step is simple.

Push Alt S to submit your post.  This is a keyboard shortcut that will save you time by not using the mouse.  Get used to keyboard commands.  There are several topics on it if you search this forum. Some of them are ingenious and lengthy, lots to remember (grin, LOL).

I really hope that my instructions were clear enough for you.  I am not great at explaining things sometimes.  But please good luck.  If you are still having problems and I could not help you.  Then go into the help on this forum and you will see a part that will explain maybe even better than I did about how to post images.  Good luck. If you were successful, I will see your pictures that you post.  Best of days. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

• House Bee
  • My Strong Hive
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 10:08:30 am »

Hopefully this works for my pics i hope u guys like them :)                   :mrgreen:                       Like i said the queen pic isnt the greatest but owell u can still tell that it is her :D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 11:22:56 am »
A couple of nice pictures, you got lots of bees there, good.  Best of the best day.  Cindi

• House Bee
  • My Strong Hive
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:21 am »
Yea it was like that on both sides of the frame plus there was about 4-5 others just like that and as u can see i found the queen she is layin eggs also. I saw eggs larvae and capped brood so its good to go hopefully gonna be a really strong hive this year. I even bought flowers for them. :)             :mrgreen:

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 05:55:29 pm »
brendan stop beating up the mods.  :-D
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:11 pm »
Cindi: Great Job On Helping with Imageshack!! Thanks, yet anyother member who can now post images fast and furious :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline papabear

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:34 pm »
Nice pics. Good job!
"IF YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR U, YOU WILL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 01:10:35 am »
Brendhan, I think that you wavering eyeball is scary, don't like it one little bit.  Cindi

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 10:43:15 pm »

For future reference, there is a tutorial for posting pictures here:

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=6691.0
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 12:03:31 am »
Cindi: Great Job On Helping with Imageshack!! Thanks, yet anyother member who can now post images fast and furious :)
John, thanks for the compliment.  Best of the great day.  Cindi