Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 303911 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2010, 12:50:42 am »
The Bee Sarmer was an easy pick for me.  My oldest son (now 15) loved the Little People farm set when he was young.  The person that took care of the animals and crops was the "sarmer".  We corrected his "mistake" and told him it was a FFFFarmer.  He said, "I know.  I just like sarmer better."

When I took an interest in bees, and started joining forums, I became The Bee Sarmer to honor the boy he was and the man he is becoming.

TheBeeSarmer.  Well rock my socks!!!  That is just too coooooool.   :) :) 8-) :lol:  Little children and the way they sometimes say words is just the sweetest thing on earth.  That young man that you are honoring by using this word, "sarmer" is grrrrreat, and he will one day become a great man.  I am glad that you told us about this here, because I really did not know what the "sarmer" word meant and did not want to ask you, in case it was a typo and you became offended, now I totally understand, and it is a most wonderful tribute to your great Son....have that most wonderfully great and beautiful day, with health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DavesBees

• House Bee
    • Dave's Bees
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2010, 10:31:12 pm »
First I was beefool just because it was available.  Then I got the domain name davesbees.  Since I got the domain I changed my name in the forum to davesbees.
Dave - PM me if you are interseted in natural beekeeping in Hancock County Maine.
http://www.davesbees.com

Offline lookoutwest

• New Bee
« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »
At one time we lived in a small community by the name of Lookout.  We combined Lookout with our last name and came up with Lookoutwest as an email address.  This was about 10ys ago.
den

Offline Dracono

• House Bee
    • Rachels Amazing Spices
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2010, 12:16:51 am »
I have had been given this name by a group of people along time ago and it has had been realy sentamental to me and so I have had kept it dear to me and I use the name as a signature for every thing I do.
Dracono

Offline growgreen

• Brood
« Reply #404 on: March 06, 2010, 02:39:12 pm »
I needed a screen name on an organic gardening site I was joining, and I wanted to fit in. I didn't think "Dursban Diva" or "Sassy Sevin" would be appropriate choices. So I'm just using the same nom de plume here to keep things simple.
"Don't wear perfume in the garden - unless you want to be pollinated by bees.” (Anne Raver)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2010, 03:25:30 am »
I am nuts and I could not remember how to spell be, whoops.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2010, 12:01:38 pm »
Greetings Beeks-we chose our name from our own first names T/L (tender/loving?)= tom and lonna,  How many of these beek forums are there?  As tech-NO-peasents we on ly discovered them about three months ago.  We'll have to take some time to get oriented.  Anyhow, we're glad to be a small part of such a grand plan assisting our bees w/ as little assistance as seems reasonable.  Gonna go look around.

T/L
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline Pillpeddler

• New Bee
« Reply #407 on: March 18, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »
On most forums that I belong to I go by this handle, Pillpeddler.  It does draw some unwanted attention particularly on Xbox Live...   I'm a licensed pharmacist by trade.  Amazingly only 1 person has connected the dots on the name and it almost keep me from being allowed on a forum one time...  Pillpeddler... Eastern Ky...  maybe I should have thought it out more...  Nah, out of character to think.   ;-)

Offline Lady_Michelle

• New Bee
    • my site
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2010, 08:16:53 pm »
How did i go about choosing the name I did...
straight facts: My name is michelle... i'm also a real titled lady... specifically a titled scottish lady... i have 1 scotts line... heh.. a few people have seen the paperwork that i got for it.. so the full title is lady michelle of dunans castle of scottland..
 so the name fits me... hehe
michelle.

Offline isabellabee

• Brood
« Reply #409 on: April 13, 2010, 03:37:16 pm »
i chose this name because we always call our daughter this. I'm a new keeper for the most part..please tell me the learning curve is steep for other people than myself :) i've made a few mistakes....and wonder if God is trying to tell me something!!!!

Offline 2ndCharter

• New Bee
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
I am a direct descendant of investors in the 2nd Charter of Virginia in 1609. These men ended up coming to Jamestown and moving to the Eastern Shore of Virginia before the first indian massacre of 1622. Eleven generations later, my family still lives on the Shore. I started a company several years ago under the name 2nd Charter Investments to cover all my extra-professional endeavors. The name is an homage to those ancestors that were also entrepreneurs and dreamed big.
- Steve

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #411 on: April 15, 2010, 12:10:20 am »
i chose this name because we always call our daughter this. I'm a new keeper for the most part..please tell me the learning curve is steep for other people than myself :) i've made a few mistakes....and wonder if God is trying to tell me something!!!!

I love that name by the way!!  Don't worry about your mistakes, but make sure you learn from them so you don't do them again.  God is telling you to be patient and forgiving with yourself.  Believe me when I say, I made so many blunders over the years and I have learned and learned. Keep asking here on the forum when you have any doubts about what you are doing.
Good Luck
Annette

Offline nucsnchooks

• New Bee
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2010, 08:20:17 pm »
I am a direct descendant of investors in the 2nd Charter of Virginia in 1609. These men ended up coming to Jamestown and moving to the Eastern Shore of Virginia before the first indian massacre of 1622. Eleven generations later, my family still lives on the Shore. I started a company several years ago under the name 2nd Charter Investments to cover all my extra-professional endeavors. The name is an homage to those ancestors that were also entrepreneurs and dreamed big.

Hello Steve, I'm in Caroline County.
I'm a newbeek. :)

Offline Pink Cow

• House Bee
« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »
Mine was easy. We've since replaced the old white boxes and are two deep cow now.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »
On most forums that I belong to I go by this handle, Pillpeddler.  It does draw some unwanted attention particularly on Xbox Live...   I'm a licensed pharmacist by trade.  Amazingly only 1 person has connected the dots on the name and it almost keep me from being allowed on a forum one time...  Pillpeddler... Eastern Ky...  maybe I should have thought it out more...  Nah, out of character to think.   ;-)
Naw...I put the dots togather real quick-like.  I didn't figure anybody is moronic enough to advertise illegal and live-destroying activity, so that left the only legal pill peddling occupation.  And anybody cool enough to like bees wouldn't be a illegal drug-dealer.

There were a few little nagging doubts, though.....  ;)
Rick

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #415 on: May 03, 2010, 02:24:46 pm »
Mine was easy. We've since replaced the old white boxes and are two deep cow now.

You should put a tale right above that entrance in the middle box.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Xperiment

• New Bee
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2010, 09:52:21 am »

I dunno, I just thought I'd try it out,

Yours,
Xperiment

Offline Superdog

• New Bee
« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2010, 03:42:13 pm »
It was the name of my Irish Wolf Hound, that I used to have.  Best dog ever!!

Offline Thymaridas

• New Bee
  • Remember its supposed to be fun
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »
I chose Thymaridas because he is a Greek Mathematician who invented a way to solve simultaneous linear equations. He lives about 400 B.C.

I use the same name on many other internet sites.

Offline Rand542

• New Bee
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2010, 12:09:48 am »
I've used my username on other sites. Rand is the main character who is one of my favorites of the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan.

I've read the books a few times now and new ones are being written by another author who writes similar books since he passed away recently.
Rand-(Sean)

anything