Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: our new hives, comments, suggestions?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Fannbee

• House Bee
our new hives, comments, suggestions?
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:33:29 am »
The following are pics of the weaker hive. In one pic we have a queen cell in the middle of the brood. Don't know for sure if this means there is a problem with the queen.........

Some pics of the stronger hive. Does anyone see any eggs or are we too new at picture taking to get that far?

And we had left the entrance reducer on. The hive came with it installed. This was the bees response. We have removed it since and they stopped this kind of clustering
Chuck and Fran

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
our new hives, comments, suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:28:12 am »
I see capped brood in the top picture on the frame on the right side of the picture. The queencell may be a reaction to the weak state of the hive. Leave the queen cell alone.

In the third picture from the top I do not see any brood but that may because the bees are covering it.

The fifth picture down is from the strong hive in the center you can see brood cells (capped) and bee bread (pollen). In the left corner of the picture it looks like they may have some honey capped cells.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: our new hives, comments, suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:02:02 pm »
looks like you are on the right track
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon