Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Day 13 weather sucks  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
Day 13 weather sucks
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:44:27 pm »
Decided to go ahead and keep feeding today. Made up some 5:3 syrup to keep them going. When I feed them tonight they were VERY quiet. First time I haven't heard them buzzing but they seemed to be moving and ok.

Was hoping to do my 2 week inspection tomorrow however it seems mother nature has a different plan for me.

Weather sucks. Has sucked for 2 days now. Very windy and a little on the chilly side. Girls have been flying despite the dreary conditions and bringing in pollen. The wind make for difficult landings. It looks like a plane trying to land on an aircraft carrier in a storm. Up, down, having to circle around but still they keep trying.

We have a 100% chance of rain tomorrow. 80% chance Sunday and 60% chance on Monday. On top of that it will be cooler. I think they said we are averaging 10 to 15 degrees below normal. At this rate the flow will be over before the girls get a chance to enjoy it.

Oh well, its got to get better. Right?

Anyway it will get warmer someday.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Day 13 weather sucks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »
No need to worry about the bees this weekend.   They won't be flying at all.  Might as well go to the mud park and have some fun instead.   

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:59:18 pm »
Amen David. It was grey wet and cool for my days off. Now I go to work.
Later,
Ray

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:10:21 am »
Hey Allen,

Wheres the mud park?

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 08:39:28 am »
Feeling your pain GB! It is 43 degrees here as I post this and never remembered it this cold in May. Been rainy on and off for a number of days here too. I am feeding five nucs here to build up enough to transfer into regular boxes and trying to recover my three hive loss on the spraying last week from the power company. Just stick with it and the first year is a big learning curb and don't expect too much. Losses will happen in the process of bee keeping as I have found out but when they do just pick up the pieces and move forward.
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 01:13:59 pm »
4000 Hwy 78 Tallapoosa,GA   

http://www.westgamudpark.com/     

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »
we'll have a heat index of over 105 by the 4th of july.  this is probably messing up the poplar flow.  still got a lot of privet and sumac in my area and white clover is just starting to bloom.  if this cool rainy pattern will break by the middle of may maybe this season won't be lost.