Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ABF Conference  (Read 2781 times)

Offline rjmeyer

• New Bee
ABF Conference
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:17:39 am »
Anyone going to ABF Conference in  Baton Rouge next week??

Moots

Re: ABF Conference
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »
rj,
Where are you located?  I'm spitting distance to BR, 20-30 minutes, and was excited to hear that ABF conference was being held here.

That is, excited right up until I saw the admission prices...OUCH!  Too rich for my blood, I just couldn't justify it.

Offline rjmeyer

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 01:51:22 pm »
Driving down from Long Island NY..hoping to learn a little more about our honeybee and take in some fine southern food..my other love..maybe we can connect and talk honeybees over dinner when I get there.

Offline Lazy W

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »
Moots I agree with you.  I had made plans to attend, until I saw those prices.  Oh well I will stick to our state meetings.

Moots

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »
Driving down from Long Island NY..hoping to learn a little more about our honeybee and take in some fine southern food..my other love..maybe we can connect and talk honeybees over dinner when I get there.

rj,
Long Island NY...WOW!  That's a serious drive.  :)

PM me and let me know what your schedule looks like, if we can meet up for dinner, that would be nice...If it doesn't work out I can at least give you some recommendations on eating places, or if you have some spots in mind, I'll give you my opinion.

Also, the Baton Rouge Club, CABA - Capital Area Beekeepers Association, meeting is that Tuesday night, the 7th @ 19:00 hrs, if you've got any interest of sitting in, guest are always welcome. 

Drive safely and I hope you have an uneventful trip.

Offline rjmeyer

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:09:01 pm »
I don't know Moots.. i see you with that black scary rifle in your profile photo..i hope you only have  5 rounds in the magazine..ohh thats right your not in NY sorry..lol..yes i would love to meet for dinner or at least get a locals opinion of a good place for some authentic cuisine..whats the details on your local club meeting, we also welcome visiting beeks at the Long Islander Beekeepers Club i belong to...wonderful little creatures the Honeybee as well as the people involved with them no matter where they call home...I'm a novice at beekeeping but did attend ABF in Hershey last year..and the speakers were just oozing their knowledge faster than i could absorb it...thought the price was actually a bargin for the info presented..it was a good time surrrounded by so many fellow beekeepers from all over the country..i'm using the conference as an excuse to visit and see places i may not have ever thought to go to..and my honey money from my second harvest helped pay for it..Hope to arrive in BR sunday nite..no definative itinary as of yet other than eat,conference, eat,sleep,repeat.

Offline wildbeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 10:31:32 am »
Ill be down there as well - driving in from PA - not quite NY but still a ling drive!  lol   For those who think its a little pricey,  suggest that if it is remotely near you at some point, then you should really consider going at least once if anything just for the experience.  Its well worth it with all of the speakers and information out there.  State meetings are nice and you get to see some vendors, but the national or regional conferences like ABF or EAS/HAS are very good at bringing in some of the best.

Moots

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 12:22:04 pm »
DARN! ...And by "darn", I really mean a word that the forum won't allow me to type.  :-D

rj and wild have me second guessing my decision not to attend.  :(

I'm going to have to give it another look, although taking 3 days off from work just after the Holidays, might be a little tough to pull off.  I'd consider maybe doing the one day pass, although I think I could spend an entire day in the vendor hall, which would really leave no time for anything else!

Decisions  :? Decisions  :? Decisions  :?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 04:16:09 pm »
>Anyone going to ABF Conference in  Baton Rouge next week??

I just bought the plane tickets... not speaking, just attending.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline rjmeyer

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 07:43:44 pm »
Excellent...have a safe trip..see you there...Happy New Year

Moots

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 04:50:00 pm »
OK....

Couldn't resist! I'm in!  :-D

Anyone else from the forum plans on making it?

Offline rjmeyer

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 09:30:27 pm »
Moots..when r u going to be at the conference? How will I know you?? Lmk the plan.

Moots

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 10:23:43 pm »
rj,
Check your "My messages" tab, right below the Search bar at the top of this page!

I set you a PM (Private message) with my cell phone number!  I'll get their tomorrow morning bright and early to get registered.  Just give me a call...Or, PM me back with your phone number and I'll call you when I get there.

Thanks,
Jeff

anything