Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Ivor Virginia!  (Read 3451 times)

Offline zopi

• House Bee
Hello from Ivor Virginia!
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:05:21 am »
My family and I have just bought an1820's farmhouse way out in the country, big grdens and trees and whatnot...I am learning a bit about apiary in hopes of obtaining and keeping a couple of hives...I have located another beekeeper just up the road, but have not been able to meet him yet...I think i'll poke around on here a bit and see what I can learn..Thanks!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hello from Ivor Virginia!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 07:52:22 am »
Welcome to a place where there are no dumb questions and people are more than willing to help out.
Be sure to check out this page too while your here!
http://www.beemaster.com/honeybee/beehome.htm
Have a great day!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:21:27 am »
Zopi, welcome!!!  You will find this to be a wealth of knowledge with a super friendly site, where, like Ken said, there is not a single dumb question.  A wonderful place to spend some time.  Have a wonderful day, great life. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline zopi

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 10:18:22 pm »
I got to meet the gentleman down the road today..he is gonna help me out some..and he pointed me in the
direction of the tidewater beekeepers association (I think that is what it is called..) anyway, I'll get up and running,  hopefully by next spring, whether from a Nuc or a fall swarm..there is a cotton field across the road..<G>

i will begin the course fourthwith..or maybe fifthwith...i am kind of busy..i am reading Richard Bonney's
book too..

Thanks for the welcome!

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:39:51 pm »
Hi Zopi,

Welcome. Wow, I am right down the road from you in Zuni, VA. What is it, about 8 miles? I've got 6 hives going and am loving every minute of it.

ZuniBee

Offline zopi

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 11:39:18 pm »
Cool! It's good to know someone is close by...it's probably a little farther than that..i am actually way up county...where Mill Swamp and Stallings Creek come together..right up from the Passenger swamp...we just moved here and i love it already..we came off a postage stamp corner lot in Beiruit News...about five blocks from that stabbing and carjacking that received so much publicity...

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 11:29:16 pm »
Welcome zopi, hope you find things here very useful.
buzzbeejr
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline zopi

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 11:59:54 am »
Thanks!

Zunibee, Do you know a guy up at smithfield named Bailey? can't for the life of me remember
his first name, but he said he knew a beekeeper at Zuni...I bought a stack of older hives from him for not much...will salvage some and use others for patterns..

I like your site by the way...