Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Muncie Indiana New bee keeper  (Read 3247 times)

Offline ribman

• Brood
Muncie Indiana New bee keeper
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:44:42 pm »
I love my bees! My hive has been up and running for almost 2 months, and my flowering plants love my bees as much as I do. The only drawback is that I do not cut down the clover in our yard and my lawn looks too long:)  Funny how many bee hives I started noticing after I started keeping bees.  We own a couple bbq restaurants in case you are curous about my name.  Great help forum here; I am glad I found this place.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Muncie Indiana New bee keeper
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:24:58 pm »
Hello Ribman and welcome to the forums. I too am from Indiana, now living in Colorado. I was borna nd raised in Bluffton Indiana. I was in Peru for the past 6 weeks doing K9 training. Im glad I left when I did because you guys just got hammered with the rain. It rained 3 out of the 6 weeks I was in training but I still had a good time. I saw a big apiary close to the intersection of hwy 15 and 218. I wanted to stop evertime I passed but I was always in a hurry to get to class or get back to my parents house after class. This too is my first year of bee keeping and I am loving it. Hope everything goes good for you and your bees and PLEASE send us some of that rain.

Offline K-R-Farms

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:49:25 pm »
We have our hives in Royal Center, In.
It's right around Monticello, Logansport.
Proverbs 3:3
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart

Offline derrick1p1

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 05:50:35 pm »
Welcome ribman.  Glad to have you.  And glad you are enjoying your hives.  I am sure you will the enjoyment you get from beekeeping will only increase as time goes by.  There may be learning and challenges ahead, but the rewards (and not just honey) are endless.

And yes please.....send us some of your rain!

Derrick
I won't let grass grow under my feet, there will be plenty of time to push up daisies.

Offline jimmyo

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:38:04 am »
welcome to the forrum. I'm from southeast IN. Locust blossom is over here dutch white clover is just getting a good start.
 Take some notes on what is blooming now so you can plan ahead next year.
You can't have too many Hoosiers !!!!!
Jim

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 10:07:02 am »
Hey Ribman!

Another Hoosier here, back online after a week of tornados and floods in Brown County.

This is a good forum for learning more about beekeeping. I use the 'search' function a lot. Very often I find that my question has already been discussed and I can get an immediate answer.

Are you involved with any bee clubs? There's an East Central Indiana club near Muncie. And our State association is having our summer meeting at the Purdue apiaries on June 21st. Details should be posted on the website, www.hoosierbuzz.com, any day now.

Now you've got me hungry for BBQ!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 10:50:59 am »
Ribman, welcome to our forum, you have found THE place to tell us your experiences and stories and tales with your bees.  There is nothing like having a bunch of people interested in the same thing that love to listen, we be them.

Ribs, one of my favourite (except for Muscovy duck, hee, hee).  I can't say enough about good ol' ribs, my mouth is drooling.  Oops, got a little off topic there, dreamin' of ribs.

Spend time here, learn, listen, there is so much to know about the bees and the more informed you are, the better a beekeeper you will become.  We love to have new members, and we are growing in numbers daily, this is very obviously a great place to be,  you will soon see that.  You will make new friends too, that is a bonus.  Have a most wonderful day, love our life we live, and love it every minute to the fullest.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service