Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Apiary at a park  (Read 13194 times)

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Re: Apiary at a park
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 02:45:51 pm »
looks like a great place for a hive though... if you were never planning to manage it.  Can you imagine opening it up?

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:23 pm »
That's just terrific!  I'm glad they voted for it.  Looking forward to hearing how it goes!  There is a park where the Tampa Bay Beekeepers Association keeps some hives and it seems to work well.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 12:17:23 am »
   That I would like to see the next time we're in Tampa visiting family!  Which park is it?  Is it listed in a tourist guide or places to go and see?
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 01:53:05 pm »
It's the Upper Tampa Bay Park, on Tampa Road right around the Hillsborough and Pinellas county border.  It's a bit off the beaten path in a gated field.  About 70 hives.  We have workdays there once a month, the Saturday after the first Thursday.

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 03:02:05 pm »
Can I take a guess about the TP rolls, and a couple of question ?

It looks like there is no awning or shade provided for the window, these rolls would keep direct sun off the bees & frame but you could still see them thru the tubes !

Hows that for a guess ?

If they are TP rolls why don't the bees chew them up, bet they are a thin plastic ?
Also wouldn't you think they would be good places for burr comb, guess not though ?

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "