Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gidday from New Zealand  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Southern_Sun

• Brood
Gidday from New Zealand
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:17:04 pm »
Hi everyone

We are a father and son beekeeping operation based in Foxton, New Zealand, although I am currently on my 2nd season in Canada (in BC) at the moment. Currently we run approx 1600 hives in a mixture of queen breeding, pollination and honey production and are looking to increase our numbers significantly over the next few years. Our operation is called Southern Sun Apiaries, hence the name Southern Sun on this forum.

Offline deejaycee

• House Bee
Re: Gidday from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:14:25 pm »
Hey there!   Great to see another kiwi on board!

My hubby and I are just getting started - completing our first season with 17 hives, but we're on the grow and aiming for a few hundred.

Look forward to picking your brains now and again!

Are you going to the NBA conference in a week or so?

Offline deejaycee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:15:29 pm »
*LOL* Just realised you said you're in BC at the moment - guess you won't be around for conf.   Pity when it's right in your backyard this year.

Offline Southern_Sun

• Brood
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:33:13 pm »
No, not around for the NBA conference but dad should be there.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:16:59 am »
SouthernSun.  Welcome to our forum.  You operate a very large number of hives.  Update your profile, tell us where in BC your are operating.  I am 45 km northeast of Vancouver, I would imagine that you are up in the northern part of BC.  You must have many tales and experiences that you could tell us, we are an interested bunch of people, and love to hear these diddies of life.  Enjoy your stay with us, make some new friends -- and stick around.  Have that most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything