Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Arizona !  (Read 1580 times)

Offline TracyLynn

• Brood
Hello from Arizona !
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:22:43 pm »
I'm not very savvy with forums, in fact...i'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this..hehehehe....but where would be a good place to start in this forum if i wanted to begin bee keeping and learn all the ins and outs? Thanks and so happy to be here :)   Tracy

Offline Tightwad

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Arizona !
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:33:07 pm »
Well come you have comed to the right place. I'm a new bee as well and the fine beeks here will help you as well. Have you joyed a club yet ?  A club?  A bee club will really help you understand and will show you the way to be coming a bee keeper. Have fun
Tightwad

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:26:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum, TracyLynn.  There are lots of threads and videos here that can help.  If you have any questions, just post them, someone will get you an answer.  Some state also hold bee classes for beginners, and a local bee club can be a big help also.  Good luck, beeking is addictive.

Joe

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 12:01:27 am »
Welcome to the forum, TracyLynn. Find a local bee club. First question you need to ask, what type of bees are prevalent in your area. I just got back from visiting a good friend in Las Vegas. He had been interested in being a beek. Had a smoker and vail. I only found one beek in the area and he said that almost all the bees were African. There was no way I was going to have him start with bees that would quickly be taken over with African bees. He had a postage stamp size yard with houses on top of each other.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 09:29:08 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline JPinMO

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 04:07:34 am »
Welcome, Tracy!
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters