Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Monsanto  (Read 15074 times)

Offline PhilK

• House Bee
Re: Monsanto
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2016, 07:12:36 pm »
Jesus, flyboy, really? There is nothing so wrong as the anti vaccine movement.. except maybe homeopathy. Every credible scientific study has found them to be perfectly safe in the majority of cases. The most laughable thing about your whole post is that you call vaccines pseudoscience.. you. While you believe in the anti-vaccination movement (which is literally not based in science).

Nothing you said about dose of vaccines is true, nothing you said about 'vaccines not being studied on children' is true - ever heard of clinical trials? You know that no drug is ever approved without proof that it is safe to be used, right? I can't just put crap in a syringe and start injecting children and say "well there's no way of testing it so let's see what happens". Vaccines are given to children at a young age because that is when they work.. you need to have a basic understanding of the immune system. I will not be accepting evidence from a movie called 'Vaxxed', just the same as I won't watch a movie called 'The Beauty of Vaccines' and quote it as a reliable unbiased source.. again, you need to know how to present and find credible unbiased evidence.

What age was your grandson when his eye rolled in? You know hundreds of thousands of people have that problem and get surgery to correct it, right? Both my brothers had it when they were younger. I doubt very much it was from the vaccine. There has been NO link to autism with vaccinations. None. Zero. They just don't cause autism, sorry. Yes, you can have a reaction to a vaccine - just like you can have a reaction to a bee sting, a peanut, shellfish, pollen, the list goes on. If a few people have a bad side effect from vaccines that save literally millions of lives a year is that worth it? Absolutely yes. I bet you were vaccinated as a kid, lucky you.

The bottom line is that the vaccine schedule is a goldmine to Pediatricians because if there was no 'Vaccine Schedule' parents would have no reason to bring little Johnny and Suzie to see the pediatrician.
Oooohhh I'm pretty sure they would have a reason to go.. you know, when they get polio, measles, mumps, whooping cough etc etc. The diseases they can get vaccinated against. If you think all paediatricians do is give vaccinations then you obviously have no idea about that profession either.

The tragic thing about anti-vaxxers is that it's not the people making the decision who will suffer - it's their kids. They shouldn't be put in danger of contracting perfectly avoidable diseases because you believe in some garbage with no scientific backing. I firmly believe parents should be prosecuted for not vaccinating their children. The good thing about our society is that enough people are vaccinated to provide 'herd immunity' (look it up) to unvaccinated children so they are still unlikely to get sick. Unfortunately this reinforces to the anti-vaxxers that they were right in their decision... but the more unvaccinated kids there are, the weaker herd immunity becomes, until eventually it fails and we start getting kids becoming sick and possibly dying (I think I remember there was a measles outbreak in California this year? .. that really shouldn't be happening in 2016).

You know in countries that can't afford vaccines/have poor health care etc there are enormous rates of preventable diseases in children, and many thousands of them die.. that should be enough proof to you. If you don't want vaccines for yourself as an adult, that is fine, you're unlikely to get sick anyway and if you do it;s your own stupid fault, but don't expose children to fatal diseases from some unfounded fear of vaccinations... I hope against hope that none of your grandkids become sick because of your family's beliefs. My brother is a paediatric cardiologist and when he was doing his training he watched a young boy die for whooping cough because his parents didn't vaccinate him. Apparently it's truly a horrific way to die, and he said they darn sure changed their tune about vaccines after that.

Offline Tommy

• New Bee
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 08:58:29 pm »

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 12:44:05 pm »
Good post.
I like your avatar.  :happy:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Tommy

• New Bee

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 11:26:32 am »
That video has been out since '13 nothing's been banned and yet bees haven't disappeared.  Is he still in business or did his doom and gloom come true?  Did you happen to notice he's pouring what appears to be OA drip and there are 2 pads of unknown stuff in the various open hives he shows?  Those are insecticides as well aren't they?  He doesn't think those could have an impact on the success or failure of his queens?  What are the interactions between the insecticides he's combining there?  You can believe what you want but one of my apiaries sits next to hundreds of acres that are rotated between neonic corn and soybeans.  They've done just fine for the past 10 years.  I've got another apiary that's not as near crops.  I can tell no difference between the hives though the ones near the neonics produce more honey.  It's not due to the neonics though.  Those hives are near a highway and there's better forage   Neonics are such a boogie man to some.

As for the Harvard study.  Okay, so neonics have been found in 70% of pollen samples.  But at what numbers?  PPM, PPB, PPT?  Huge difference there but that wouldn't grab the headlines the same.   They mention CCD but no CCD cases have been found in almost 10 years but the neonics are still out there at numbers that are at least as high as they were in 2006.  The sky has not fallen as many claimed.

Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2016, 11:49:13 am »
Yep.  He's still in business.  http://sunparlorhoney.ca/ 

2013 was a bad year for him.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/heinz-closure-affects-local-beekeeper-in-a-big-way-1.2475583  Assuming he's got 60K in each hive he's got 1,000 hives.  1/2 are claimed to have died but he lost his largest customer.

What's this?....  http://www.ontariofarmer.com/sitepages/?aid=5073&cn=TO%20PLACE%20A%20WORD%20AD%20IN%20ONTARIO%20FARMER%20&an=Varroa%20mites%20are%20biggest%20concern%20for%20Ontario%92s%20beekeepers%20

"Like others beekeepers in Ontario, Congdon deals with a more troublesome pest ? the varroa mite. Research from the University of Guelph indicates the varroa mite is, by far, the biggest factor linked to colony mortality in the province." 

Wait... I thought he said neonics we're going to destroy us all...

Offline Tommy

• New Bee

Offline Tommy

• New Bee

Offline Tommy

• New Bee

Offline Tommy

• New Bee

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2016, 11:18:19 am »
http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=20309

"Center for Food Safety's mission is to empower people, support farmers, and protect the earth from the harmful impacts of industrial agriculture. Through groundbreaking legal, scientific, and grassroots action, we protect and promote your right to safe food and the environment."

Sure looks like an activist organisation.  No bias there... :tongue:

http://www.gmwatch.org/news/latest-news/17344-us-farmers-in-retreat-from-all-gmo

GM watch...  Good Grief, look at the name of the organization.  They'd push a nun down a flight of stairs if they thought it would help.

http://embols.com/2016/09/04/monsanto-loses-gmo-permit-in-mexico-judge-sides-with-the-bees-2/

Eboles.  I don't know anything about them but they like to talk about supposed "scientific" research but they don't list sources.  That's a huge red flag.  Looking at who they're quoting sure shows a clear bias as well.

Keep throwing excrement up on the wall praying something will stick.  Clearly, you can find all the doom and gloom stuff you want but that doesn't make it true.  If only people put this kind of effort into defeating varroa.  26 posts and more than 1/2 are about anti neonics.  Looks like you're more interested in pushing an agenda that actually talking about bees.  The avatar appears that way as well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:21:58 pm by D Coates »

Offline Tommy

• New Bee
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2016, 09:15:26 pm »
Thanks D Coates
What nice and refreshing words you have and by the looks of your avatar you look like your gonna blow a gasket. You may need to pop a pill and calm down. Since you know it all, would you please tell me how many sheets of T paper should a person use when wiping? I figured a know-it-all would know.
Thanks have a nice day.       

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2016, 01:06:21 pm »
well this thread devolved into a large pile of used paper real quickly. :angry:
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2016, 01:35:48 pm »
Thanks D Coates
What nice and refreshing words you have and by the looks of your avatar you look like your gonna blow a gasket.
  It's "Bill the cat" from the Bloom County cartoon.  He's already pretty chill.

You may need to pop a pill and calm down.
  Nah, if you actually knew me you know I'm very relaxed.

Since you know it all, would you please tell me how many sheets of T paper should a person use when wiping? I figured a know-it-all would know.
  Heck I don't know it all.  That's why I'm here, I'm trying to learn.  Whenever something is presented as fact I think for myself and do a little research to find if the info and the source reporting it is on the up and up.  When it turns out it's not credible I make sure to point it out so the info is not parroted on as fact.  As for the amount of toilet paper to use.  For those of you who are so interested in "saving the world" you can follow Sheryl https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2007/apr/23/musicnews.music  However, I don't know nor do I care. 

Thanks have a nice day.
  You too.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »
One thing that does pop into my mind every once in a while though I don't take much too seriously or investigate much but genetic crops being planted almost exclusively make me think that if something ever comes along that affects that crop adversly would other like crops still be around to pick up the slack.
I don't base this on any fact but it is just something that pops in my brain here and there.
Cheers
gww

Offline Tommy

• New Bee

Offline flyboy

• House Bee
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2016, 02:12:13 pm »
One thing that does pop into my mind every once in a while though I don't take much too seriously or investigate much but genetic crops being planted almost exclusively make me think that if something ever comes along that affects that crop adversly would other like crops still be around to pick up the slack.
I don't base this on any fact but it is just something that pops in my brain here and there.
Cheers
gww
If I am understanding you properly, I agree that having a smaller and smaller group of genetic strains in the food chain it makes humans much more vulnerable to a mass problems with agriculture from something that attacks those strains.

As far as GMOs I just plain do not trust them. I just grow what I can for us.
Cheers
Al
First packages - 2 queens and bees May 17 2014 - doing well

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
Flyboy
Yes That is what I ment.
gww

Offline Tommy

• New Bee