Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gardening for Bees  (Read 2757 times)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Gardening for Bees
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:32:05 pm »
From UBG:   Seasonal Recommended Plant Lists]http://nature.berkeley.edu/urbanbeegardens/list.html]Seasonal Recommended Plant Lists

This looks like an interesting list for those of you on the left coast to refer to for bee plants through the spring and summer season.  Not a bad guide for the rest of us, either!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Gardening for Bees
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:04:41 am »
Ann, holy smokers!!!!  That is an awesome list.  Thanks for getting it.  Best of that day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 10:26:11 pm »
I noticed that the list did not contain Dahlias.  I have to tell you that opne centered dahlia variety blooms are covered in honey bees...and butterflies loev them too..They are the collarettes, mignon single, orchid, peonie variety...the dahlia in my photo is a collarette.  They are really easy to grow too!  It isn't too late to order some tubers or cuttings to add to your garden!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:55:06 am »
I l ove dahlias.  I have some, would love more of course.  Oh ya, I just remembered that a lady from the UBC Hort forum offered some white ones, I just about forgot, I better head off to that forum and ask her to send me some, she probably thought that I had lost interest.  Have a wonderful, beautiful day, great health to all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service