Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Catch a buzz with beekeeper Linda T.  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Wes Sapp

• House Bee
Catch a buzz with beekeeper Linda T.
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:52:08 pm »
Forum member "tillie" was interviewed by a national womens online publication, check it out!
http://www.womensoutdoorwire.com/
Wes Sapp

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Catch a buzz with beekeeper Linda T.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:11:23 pm »
She is a fascinating lady. I am amazed at what she has done in 3 years of beekeeping.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:03 pm »
Oh Linda, you go, girl!!!  Soon you gonna become seen as "the rich and the famous" smiling.  Good for you, my hat off to ya.  Beautiful and most wonderful days, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:13 pm »
congrats.  you put a lot of work into that blog site and you have done a wonderful job mentoring.  you deserve the recognition!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:39:28 pm »
Three cheers for Linda.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:42:52 pm »
Really, Congrats to you Linda for doing the article!.Its great!..
 When stuff like this happens, it makes people like me say,"Look yall! I have a friend who got a story in a magazine!"..You make the rest of us feel important that we know you!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:56:10 pm »
JBF, you sure got that way with words, beauty.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:04:22 am »
Wes's wife is the author of the article - so thanks to Wes for telling her about me.  I had a great time talking to her and I love it when an article actually reflects what you say.  I've been quoted in other articles for psychology - not beekeeping - and have often been disappointed at what the interviewer did with what I said.

Tammy (Wes' wife) was a fun interviewer and I enjoyed being a part of it.

Everyone on this forum says such nice things - what a supportive group you all are....

Linda T grateful in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:52:20 am »
Anyone who quotes Winnie the Pooh is ok in my book. Linda, you are one cool lady.

Now that I know you are a psychologist let me know if you'd like to psychoanalyze me. :shock:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 12:56:48 am »
Congrats on the article and awesome blog you have there, Linda.  The solar wax melter video was great.  I have a bunch of wax to process and I'm going to try it out this weekend.  I'll make sure I time it when the lawn guys aren't there!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 02:42:34 am »
I often refer to the many articles written by Linda on her blog. I made the solar wax melter and followed her instructions on the starter strips. She makes everything sound so easy. I wish she would write a book on beekeeping one day.  She is another one of my heros.

anything