Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Blond Bride's Kitchen Diary  (Read 1872 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
The Blond Bride's Kitchen Diary
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:11:47 pm »

Monday:  It's fun to cook for Tom. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbours loaned me the extra bowls.

Tuesday:  Tom wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve without dressing. What a surprise when Tom brought a friend home to dinner and they found me naked!

Wednesday:  A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice so I took a bath. Can't say it helped the rice.

Thursday:  Tried a new salad recipe. It said "prepare ingredients; lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving." Tom asked why I was rolling around the garden.

Friday:  Found easy recipe for cookies that said "put the ingredients in a bowl and beat it." Something went wrong. When I got home, everything was just as I left it.

Saturday:  Tom went shopping today, brought home a chicken, and asked me to dress it for Sunday. I didn't have any clothes that fit it. For some reason, Tom keeps counting to ten.

Sunday:  Tom's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had was hamburger. Suddenly, I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. How disappointing. When it came out, it was still hamburger!

Goodnight, dear diary. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy a bigger oven so I can fix Tom a chocolate moose!
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: The Blond Bride's Kitchen Diary
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:23:41 pm »
 :lau: :lau: :lau:

anything