Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive in the open?  (Read 6278 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Hive in the open?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 09:58:04 pm »
Sounds like yellow jackets to me.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fish_stix

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 12:19:56 am »
I loved the part where the one touched the comb and said "eww...sticky" with a wave of his limp wrist! (not that there's anything wrong with that :-D)

Scott

Scott that is very, very politically incorrect! But, FUNNY!

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 03:39:44 am »
That video almost made me cray.  So sad.  I am a former newpaper reporter and I can't believe how ignorant reporters are when it comes to covering these kinds of stories.  And the City ought to know better as well. 

I would hope some beekeeper in Albany took the time to call in and set the TV station straight on the travesty that just took place and the disservice the coverage did when it comes to handling a feral hive.  People who watched that report will think that is the way people are supposed to react if a bee bothers them while they are sitting on their porch.  Hard to believe they were that bothered.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Uh, yeah, is a fact checking department just a journalism joke like jetwash and shoreline? 
 The "Brave" tree butcher is the only descriptive dishap  that jumped right out at me.  Outside of that, why doesn't "the city" (of Valdosta Ga.?) know a beekeeper?
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 08:49:39 am »
I loved the part where the one touched the comb and said "eww...sticky" with a wave of his limp wrist! (not that there's anything wrong with that :-D)

Scott

Scott that is very, very politically incorrect! But, FUNNY!

With talk like this they may be the type that Mark Queens
infact the  "eww...sticky" one may have been Marked :-D
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln