Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Vegans Are On To Us.  (Read 11422 times)

Offline DCHoneybees

• House Bee
    • DC Honeybees
The Vegans Are On To Us.
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:39:26 pm »
Check out this article written by what I expect is a very sincere but also misinformed activist.  I wonder if she has a job?

http://dchoneybees.blogspot.com/2011/11/moron.html

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
Re: The Vegans Are On To Us.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:13 am »
Does she have a job?  Don't know...but I wouldn't hire her. 

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:08 am »
....assize from the box being a foreign shape, what was quoted is as true as anything.  3/4 of the bees in this country pollinate almonds...it is stressful on the bees, it does.cause disorientation and death, and they do transmit disease to one another.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:13 am »
Gee I didn't know we killed our queens to stop swarming :-D :-D

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:10:21 am »
i think they should just quite eating.  wasn't there a study that showed plants feel pain? 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:09:19 am »
The funny thing about this whole mess is to say stop eating honey because bees are trucked all over for pollination contracts.  Well actually you would probably stop eating almonds, blueberries, and other pollinated plants and eat more honey.  Beekeepers that make a living in this business know the risks of going after pollination contracts for almonds and other plants.  Fact is that they can't make enough money off of honey alone to remain profitable.  So picking up a jar of american honey would help the bees out by increasing the demand and hopefully the price offered to the commercial beekeepers.  Of course this will never happen cause it's easy to just blame the beekeeper and not the powers that be for letting cheap so called honey to be dumped on the market.  Someone should give the writer an education before she starts spewing the BS that this article is.  I did enjoy that little bit about cell phones.  Must have taken the bees 20+ years before the cell phone towers started having an impact on them lol.  Never have seen any evidence that bees have any reaction to cell phones other then a beekeeper getting an email on his blackberry saying he lost his or her retirement before working a hive.   :evil:
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 08:46:48 am »
Some people just need to be banned from communicating with the rest of the world.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:16:04 am »
And yet the pollination/honey connection that is made highlights the knee-jerk ignorance.  If that person was really interested in making a difference, they'd find out the truth, and speak with a local beekeeper about honey instead of lumping all in the same big category.

But she'd probably be still hung up on the "wrong size boxes", that is SO MEAN!!   :roll:
Rick

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:14 am »
I did not read the article.  Mostly because, despite the fact that, by most of ya'lls standards, I'm a flaming liberal,  veganism makes absolutely no sense in the natural world.  These people obviously never took biology 101.

You want to be a vegan?  Fine with me.  You want to be a militant vegan?  You are an idiot, get off my lawn.

love,
ziffa!

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 10:17:27 am »
The article borders on fanaticism and should satisfy most fanatics.  Obviously the author knows little about beekeeping nor the food they or we consume.   

Too bad they've presented such a misinformed broad stroke against beeks and honeybees.  Besides being clueless on many levels, the few truths that were contained in the article were obscured by the apparent hate and/or misunderstanding of reality.

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:04 am »
ziffa  :-D

you are a flaming liberal, but a nice one!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 01:03:27 pm »

You want to be a vegan?  Fine with me.  You want to be a militant vegan?  You are an idiot, get off my lawn.

love,
ziffa!

LOL!

Get off my lawn...you're killing the grubs!
Rick

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 01:57:39 pm »
Several yeas ago, I drove refrigerated truck delivering meat to local restaurants.  One fine morning, I had fun following a small car bearing a bumper sticker stating "Meat is Murder" down the highway.  The poor driver didn't have enough horses under the hood to pull away and I thought she was going to vomit as she realized what I was hauling so closely behind her.  I must admit, I enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, my exit was only a short distance and my fun was short-lived.... :(

Offline caticind

• House Bee
  • Nothing sweeter...
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »
...by most of ya'lls standards, I'm a flaming liberal

Likewise, ziffa!  I live next to the town that Jessie Helms used to say should be cordoned off as a commie zoo (and I'll take that as a badge of pride, thanks!).  I have friends with all sorts of odd ways, and I love my vegan friends even if they're a challenge to cook for.

The militant vegans are another matter.

Seems like militant-anythings (whether its about veganism or gun rights or teetotalers or potheads or any other thing) are equally nasty.  The problem isn't so much the content of their ideology as their insistence that they have found the ONE TRUE WAY!! and that as soon as they tell you what they think you will be instantly ashamed and converted.

File under "Ignore the stupid while I go on being a cheerful beekeeping hippie"....    :roll:
The bees would be no help; they would tumble over each other like golden babies and thrum wordlessly on the subjects of queens and sex and pollen-gluey feet. -Palimpsest

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 05:01:20 pm »
you are a flaming liberal, but a nice one!
Is there any other kind  :) :) :)

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 05:01:48 pm »
veganism makes absolutely no sense in the natural world.  These people obviously never took biology 101.
love,
ziffa!
So true.

I like to challenge vegans to watch "Nanook of the North" or study primitive cultures.  Listening to them make excuses for themselves later is kinda fun.  However i understand wanting to rid ones diet of 'PROCESSED' foods.  That is what i think most vegans are really trying to do.  Sadly they cut out essential foods due to some sort of zealotry.  :idunno:

Boy! You mix this article with the one about Monsanto buying the bee genetics company and we have a Bee-pocalypse on our hands.
Make Mead!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 08:46:47 pm »
"Meat is murder" Who's up for some hunting?  :-D

BTW she referred to bees as fellows.  :-D

Read a page and a half and that was all I could stomach.

Don't care for extremists much. They tend to separate themselves from the human race and I like people. Well, most of them anyway.  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Poppi

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »
She is "brain damaged" from lack of B-12  :)

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:36 pm »
Typical wacko nutcase! I think I will go to my "PETA" meeting tomorrow and have a meatloaf sandwich!  PETA meaning People Eating Tasty Animals, that is!!! :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:21:41 pm »
I love vegans! They taste like chicken.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything