Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Amazing New Smoker  (Read 28017 times)

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
Re: Amazing New Smoker
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 04:55:57 pm »
I think MB should write the 'New Beekeeper's Bible'

He did, all you have to do is print it yourself  ;)

Offline BoBn

• House Bee
    • h
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 01:38:32 pm »
Edith and Dan have production model.  Here is a picture:

They also have a promotional video here on youtube:
Bee-Z Smoker Promo
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 02:31:58 pm »
Pretty neat,  they have done a real professional job with everything.   Hope they don't run into issues with folks keeping their finger on the igniter button and burning the insides up.  Have they considered a single shot switch that would require letting up to energize again?   I wish  them luck, always nice to see innovation and entrepreneurship.  Unfortunately out of my price range for a smoker.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »
If it works real well, they could have made a better presentation, I was not impressed. I did not see much smoke compared to what I make, and I am very  inexperienced, having just started.
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »
Just went to their website... yep it is just a touch pricey.  Great concept though... and would be nice to see alittle more demo of it smokin'.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 04:29:47 pm »
What was the price?  Some how I missed it? :)

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 05:12:23 pm »
What was the price?  Some how I missed it? :)

I went to their web sight, and could not tind the prices, guess I didn't click on the correct spot.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »
What was the price?  Some how I missed it? :)
Found the price=  $174.99
Don't know if that includes shipping or not.

Here is the link to the web page with prices.

http://beezsmoker.com/Beezsmoker.html

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 06:20:17 pm »
Great tool for someone whose task is to inspect hundreds of hives a day, just the ticket for efficiency.  :-D

However, I see no justification for the hobbyist or small time Beek as far as the cost is concerned. I did find the video a little annoying, the part of the "Veteran Beekeeper" unable to start his smoker, the guy by all counts should be an "Expert" in starting his Smoker in an instant. It reminds me of those vacuum infomercials.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 06:32:48 pm »
the guy by all counts should be an "Expert" in starting his Smoker in an instant. It reminds me of those vacuum infomercials.

Bob,

That "guy" is Bob Naylor (aka BoBn), you don't remember him, he sat right by you at the treatment free conference.   Don't get annoyed, it is an infomercial, enjoy the humor in it. They're trying to sell a product,  of course they don't want to light a smoker instantly.     Now that Billy Mays id dead, Bob might have a new career coming ...... :-D
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 06:50:25 pm »
the guy by all counts should be an "Expert" in starting his Smoker in an instant. It reminds me of those vacuum infomercials.

Bob,

That "guy" is Bob Naylor (aka BoBn), you don't remember him, he sat right by you at the treatment free conference.   Don't get annoyed, it is an infomercial, enjoy the humor in it. They're trying to sell a product,  of course they don't want to light a smoker instantly.     Now that Billy Mays id dead, Bob might have a new career coming ...... :-D

Dag Nab Man,  I was so in hopes of becoming the next "Billy Mays" :bee: :bee: :bee:

Offline Paraplegic Racehorse

• House Bee
  • Kilted beekeepers unite!
    • Me Blog
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 10:43:01 pm »
The ultimate in easy bee-smoking: the beekeeper's pipe (http://www.bienen-meier.ch/db/index.cfm?Artikelnummer=2502&do=detail). Fills from the top, lights from the bottom, completely hands-free, has a one-way valve to keep you from inhaling (directly) the smoke. Simple, easy, convenient, similarly priced to other smokers.
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.
Member in good standing: International Discordance of Kilted Apiarists, Local #994

The World Beehive Project - I endeavor to build at least one of every beehive in common use today and document the entire process.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 11:06:27 pm »
The ultimate in easy bee-smoking: the beekeeper's pipe (http://www.bienen-meier.ch/db/index.cfm?Artikelnummer=2502&do=detail). Fills from the top, lights from the bottom, completely hands-free, has a one-way valve to keep you from inhaling (directly) the smoke. Simple, easy, convenient, similarly priced to other smokers.

Brushy Mountain use to sell these.  Anyone know if anybody in US or Canada sells them?

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 03:07:03 pm »
Never saw anything like it. Brushy use to sell them huh?
I wish this couple the best of luck selling their smoker, its great.
Hey Bob, good to see you, remember me? I was the quiet girl that sat in front of you during the conference. :-D
If I knew you were going to be famous I would have got your autograph.

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 03:25:04 pm »

Bob,

That "guy" is Bob Naylor (aka BoBn), you don't remember him, he sat right by you at the treatment free conference.   Don't get annoyed, it is an infomercial, enjoy the humor in it. They're trying to sell a product,  of course they don't want to light a smoker instantly.     Now that Billy Mays id dead, Bob might have a new career coming ...... :-D

Well I'll be darned  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: No PUN intended in my reply and I hope Bob does not take it as an insult either. I was just being critical of the infomercial on that part where Bob tries to light her up, I used to light my smoker the same way, always burned my fingers  :oops: Now I just lay it on its side.  :-D

Hey Bob, put on your best boot and plant it on my butt if you like   :-D

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 03:56:54 pm »

Brushy Mountain use to sell these.  Anyone know if anybody in US or Canada sells them?

Brushy Mountain did about 3 to 5 years a go

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2009, 05:00:52 pm »
Well I'll be darned  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: No PUN intended in my reply and I hope Bob does not take it as an insult either. I was just being critical of the infomercial on that part where Bob tries to light her up, I used to light my smoker the same way, always burned my fingers  :oops: Now I just lay it on its side.  :-D

Hey Bob, put on your best boot and plant it on my butt if you like   :-D

Doesn't make any sense trying to light a smoker with a cigerate lighter, when there are all kinds of extended butane torch lighter similer to this  http://www.amazon.com/Calico-Brands-HF12CR-RED-Lighter/dp/B000UONR4M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1261256342&sr=1-3  

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 05:03:52 pm »
x

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:44 pm »
IF YOU WANT TO BE BILLY MAYS, YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE CAPS LOCK KEY!

DEKNOW

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2009, 09:34:31 am »
IF YOU WANT TO BE BILLY MAYS, YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE CAPS LOCK KEY!

DEKNOW

:-D

anything